HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Almanac, 2018 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
With few exceptions, the banking and lending industry has rebounded to a much healthier condition after suffering intensely from the Great Recession that officially ended in 2009, along with the related financial meltdown that brought the world of banking into a state of crisis. Meanwhile, global financial regulators have steadfastly continued the struggle to improve banking reserves and oversight to the point that future meltdowns might be avoided.
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the Banking, Mortgages & Credit business and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-457-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-797-8 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 23
Companies Profiled: 424
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the banking, mortgages & credit business including:
- Consumers Slowly Increase Borrowing
- Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $26.6 Trillion
- Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
- Investment Firms and Banks Compete for Clients in High Net Worth Households
- Banks and Mobile Apps Vie for Previously Underserved Markets, Including Hispanics
- China Sees Growth in Online Banking and Lending
- India’s Foreign Banking Presence Shrinks/Microloans Continue
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
- Shadow Banking Soars with Non-Bank Alternatives, Online or Peer-to-Peer Lending and Crowdfunding
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- Near Field Communications (NFC) Changes Credit and Debit Cards
- In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
- Online Competition Changes the Mortgage Industry
- Hedge Funds Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Lending, Insurance and Online “Robo Advisors”
- Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
Banking Industry Statistics
- U.S. Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Global Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Top 50 U.S. Bank Holding Companies: June 30, 2017
- FDIC Insured Institution Statistics: 2nd Quarter 2017
- Number of Failed U.S. Bank Institutions, 1980-2017
- Deposit Insurance Fund Balance and Insured Deposits: 2009-2017
- Assets & Liabilities of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks, Grouped by Asset Size: June 2017
- Top Ten Federally-Chartered & State-Chartered Banks by Assets: 2017
- Deposits, Income & Expenses of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks: 2012-June 2017
- Assets & Liabilities of Foreign Banking Offices in the U.S.: 2014-2nd Quarter 2017
- Prime Interest Rate, U.S.: 1955-October 2017
- Bond Yields & Interest Rates, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2015
- Employment in the Banking Industry, U.S.: 2011-July 2017
- Homeownership Rates by Race & Ethnicity of Householder, U.S.: 1997-2016
- Homeownership Rates by Region, U.S.: Selected Years, 1975-2016
- New Privately-Owned Housing Units Started, U.S.: 1976-2016
- Mortgage Loans Outstanding, U.S.: 1977-2nd Quarter 2017
- Home Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2014-2nd Quarter 2017
- Assets & Liabilities, U.S. Agency- & Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE)-Backed Securities by Holder: 2014-2nd Quarter 2017
- Consumer Credit Outstanding, U.S.: 1970-2017
- Consumer Credit Outstanding by Major Holders, U.S.: 2012-2nd Quarter 2017
- Terms of Credit at Commercial Banks, U.S.: 2012-2nd Quarter 2017
- Loan Performance, FDIC-Insured Institutions: June 2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Ace Cash Express Inc
- Alliance Data Systems Corporation
- Toyota Motor Credit Corp
- American Express Co
- General Motors Financial Company Inc
- Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc
- Annaly Capital Management Inc
- Associated Banc-Corp
- Astoria Financial Corporation
- TD Bank NA