May 15, 2022
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Almanac, 2022 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
At Plunkett Research, we look at the “hospitality” industry in a broad way, to include most types of services or sectors that serve freshly-prepared food and drinks to customers or provide lodging services to travelers. That is, they literally provide hospitality to their paying guests.
Consequently, we include restaurants of all types, as well as catering, cafeterias, coffee shops and bars or taverns. (However, we do not include the prepared foods sections of supermarkets.) On the lodging side of hospitality, we include hotels, motels, inns, resorts and hostels. In addition, we include cruise lines—a hospitality segment that is of growing importance to the global economy. Of course, many lodging businesses, such as hotels and cruise lines, also include restaurants, and more than a few include casinos, retail shopping areas or resort amenities.
Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-617-9 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-947-7 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
Statistical Tables Provided: 6
Companies Profiled: 355
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the restaurant, hotel and hospitality business including:
Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Global Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- McDonald’s and Other Fast Food Companies Reposition to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes and Robotics
- Wages for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers
- Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/Fast Fine)
- Food Trucks Enjoy a Boom
- Craft/Microbreweries Proliferate
- Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals and Household Items to
- Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
- Retail Technologies Advance for Restaurant Online Ordering, along with Robotics and Automation
- Cruise Industry Rebuilds After the Coronavirus
- Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
- River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
- Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
- Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Grow as
Certification Standards Emerge
- Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
- What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
- Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels, to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, Vrbo and
Many Global Competitors
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
- Localization will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
- Dog-Friendly Hotels Gain Market Share
- The Future of the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics
- Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Food Services and Drinking Places Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2014-2021
- Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2019-4th Quarter 2021
- Consumer Food Price Indexes, Food Away from Home & Food at Home, U.S.: 1997-2020
- Restaurant and Hospitality Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation, U.S.: May 2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- UniPro Foodservice Inc
- SYSCO Corporation
- StoneX Group Inc
- Reyes Holdings LLC
- Performance Food Group Company
- Inspire Brands Inc
- Starbucks Corporation
- Burger King Worldwide Inc
- Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits LLC
- Sodexo Group