January 19, 2023
Plunkett Research, Ltd., a Houston-based market research firm, has published a complete, new report on the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry. (Plunkett’s Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Almanac 2023, https://www.plunkettresearch.com/printed-book-ebook-plunkett-industry-almanac/?Industry=entertainment-media-publishing-market-research/). It contains hundreds of pages of vital insights, including forecasts, market sizing, technologies analysis, trends analysis and statistical tables, as well as data on top global companies.
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 400
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
- Introduction to the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
- Streaming Apps Take Over TVs
- Online & Mobile Games Compete with Consoles
- DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 34.2 Million Subscribers
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Streaming TV Services Give Consumers More Choices and Lead to Cord Cutting
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
- Movie Attendance Rebounds/Film Studios Release Quickly to Streaming Services
- Global Internet Market Tops 5.47 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
- Newspapers and Magazines Rely on Digital Editions and Apps
- Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- The Metaverse Attracts Investment
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $170 Billion Yearly
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
- The Future of Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry: Disruption, Portability and Consumer Control
Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics
- Entertainment & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2017-2022
- Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2017-2022
- Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2014-2021
- Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Cable & Other mobile Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2021
- Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2017-October 2022