Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Wireless & Cellular Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: June 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: June 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication lists the top lists top 300 companies in the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-498-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-824-1 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 289
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular business including:
- Introduction to the Wireless Industry
- 3G and 4G Networks Rollout Worldwide/ 5G on the Horizon/Massive Investments Required
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
- Google, Cablevision, FreedomPop and Republic Wireless Bypass Cellular Networks with Wi-Fi
- Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Top 8.2 Billion
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- RFID Helps Manage Hospital and Pharmacy Inventories
- Telemedicine and Remote Patient Monitoring Rely on Wireless
- Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real-Time Traffic Information
- In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- Mobile Videos and TV Gain Smartphone Users
- Location-Based Services (LBS) Enhance Smartphones and Mobile Advertising
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $58.6 Billion Yearly
- In-Flight Wireless Takes Off
- The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided by Nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology & MEMS Applications in Optics and Displays Lead to a Breakthrough in Wireless Device Screens
- Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription Price Competition
- Voice and Face Recognition Change the Wireless World/Enable New Levels of User Interaction
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- Light-Weight Satellites and Project Loon Balloons Studied for Internet Access and Whole-Earth Imaging
- Smart Cities Utilize Big Data, Sensors and Advanced Technologies to Increase Efficiencies of All Kinds/Massive Business Opportunities Emerge
- Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
- Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Wireless Quick Facts, U.S.: 2008-2016
- Wireless Standards & Speeds
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
- Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2016
- Wireless Telecommunications Industry (except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2009- April 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- China Telecom Corporation Ltd
- Alaska Communications Systems Group Inc
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- T-Mobile US Inc
- Amdocs Limited
- America Movil SAB de CV
- American Tower Corp
- Anaren Inc
- Apple Inc
- Raytheon Applied Signal Technology Inc
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.