July 17, 2023
Plunkett Research, Ltd., a Houston-based market research firm, has published a complete, new report on the Sports & Recreation Industry. (Plunkett’s Sports & Recreation Industry Almanac 2024, https://www.plunkettresearch.com/printed-book-ebook-plunkett-industry-almanac/?Industry=sports-recreation-leisure-market-research/). It contains hundreds of pages of vital insights, including forecasts, market sizing, technologies analysis, trends analysis and statistical tables, as well as data on top global companies.
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Sports & Recreation Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 8
Companies Profiled: 400
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Sports & Recreation Industry.
Plunkett Research Provides Unique Analysis of the Following Major Trends Affecting the Sports & Recreation Industry
- Introduction to the Sports & Recreation Industry
- NFL (National Football League): The Biggest Money in U.S. Sports
- Broadcasting Fees, Digital Access and Investment Savvy Boost MLB (Major League Baseball)
- NBA (National Basketball Association) Goes Global
- NHL (National Hockey League) Expands
- Television Rights Contracts Bring in Lucrative Revenues for Major Sports Leagues
- Soccer (Football) Leagues Around the World Reap Significant Revenues and Sponsorships
- New Sports Stadiums Launched in the U.S./Stadium Sponsorships Offset Costs
- NCAA College Sports Are Immense Revenue Generators, Thanks to Broadcast Rights
- Student Athletes Eligible for Endorsement Fees/ Fight for Compensation and Benefits
- Golf Is a Major Sports Sector/PGA (Professional Golf Association) Plans to Merge with LIV
- Tennis Is a Massive Global Sport for Professionals and Amateurs Alike
- Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 60 Million Players
- eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
- Sports Betting Gains Traction with Online Betting
- Sports Equipment Manufacturers Offer the Latest High-Tech Advantages
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- Sports Agents Are Indispensable/Sports Marketing Booms in China
- Sports Licensing Heats Up
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
- Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
Plunkett Research Provides In-Depth Tables for the Following Sports & Recreation Industry Statistics
- Sports & Recreation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Global Sports Industry Revenues, 2020-2022
- Selected U.S. Sports Industry Revenues: 2015-2021
- Sports Industry, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2016-2021
- U.S. Spectator Sports, Performing Arts & Related Industries, Breakdown of Expenses: 2018-2021
- Estimated Monthly Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, U.S.: 1992- March 2023
- Overview of the Media Contracts of the Four Big Sports Leagues
- Sports Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2019-2023