Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Sports & Recreation Industry Almanac 2022 Edition
Publication Date: July 2021
Buy this Book
Publication Date: July 2021
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Sports & Recreation Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-609-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-951-4 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 12
Companies Profiled: 401
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the sports & recreation business including:
- Introduction to the Sports & Recreation Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Sports & Recreation Industry
- NFL (National Football League): The Biggest Money in U.S. Sports
- Broadcasting Fees, Digital Access and Investment Savvy Boost MLB (Major League
- NBA (National Basketball Association) Goes Global
- NHL (National Hockey League) Realigns
- Television Rights Contracts Bring in Lucrative Revenues for Major Sports Leagues
- Soccer (Football) Leagues in the U.S. and Europe Reap Significant Revenues and Sponsorships
- New Sports Stadiums Launched in the U.S./Stadium Sponsorships Offset Costs
- NCAA College Sports Are Big Revenue Earners/Student Athletes Eligible for Some Compensation
- PGA (Professional Golf Association) Tournaments Grow in International Markets/Golf Play Increases
- Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 60 Million Players
- eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
- Sports Betting Gains Traction with Online Betting
- Sports Equipment Manufacturers Offer the Latest High-Tech Advantages
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- Sports Agents Are Indispensable/Sports Marketing Booms in China
- Sports Licensing Heats Up
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech
Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
- Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
- The Future of the Sports Industry Will Be Shaped by Technologies and Demographics
Sports Industry Statistics
- Sports & Recreation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated Size of the Entire Sports Industry, U.S. 2010-2020
- Global Sports Industry Revenues, 2019-2020
- Selected U.S. Sports Industry Revenues: 2014-2020
- Sports Industry, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2019
- U.S. Spectator Sports, Performing Arts & Related Industries, Breakdown of Expenses: 2016-2019
- Estimated Annual Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, Inventories & Purchases, U.S.: 2011-2019
- Estimated Monthly Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, U.S.: 1992- March 2021
- Exports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2014-2020
- Imports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2014-2020
- Overview of the Media Contracts of the Four Big Sports Leagues
- Sports Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2017-2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Cabela's Inc
- Disney Media Networks
- Motorsports Authentics LLC
- American Golf Corp
- Bowlmor AMF Corp
- Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc
- Time Warner Inc
- Warnaco Swimwear Inc
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.