December 16, 2022
Plunkett Research, Ltd., a Houston-based market research firm, has published a complete, new report on the Retail Industry. (Plunkett’s Retail Industry Almanac 2023, https://www.plunkettresearch.com/printed-book-ebook-plunkett-industry-almanac/?Industry=retailing-stores-market-research/). It contains hundreds of pages of vital insights, including forecasts, market sizing, technologies analysis, trends analysis and statistical tables, as well as data on top global companies.
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Retail Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 13
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Retail Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Retail Industry
- Introduction to the Retail Industry
- The Retail Industry in the Post-COVID Era
- Walmart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle Amazon
- Department Stores Grow Online Sales/Modernize Retail Approach
- Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
- Diverse Selling Techniques Boost Direct Marketers and Non-Store Sales
- Apple Sets the Bar for Showcase Stores and Super-Merchandisers
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Retail Technologies and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders
- Robotics in Retail
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- Self-Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow
- Retailers Look for Long-Term Growth in Emerging Markets, Including China and India
- Mall and Shopping Center Occupancy Fall as Online Sales Hurt Stores
- Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
- Malls Remodel to Boost Sales and Attract Shoppers/Store Visitor Counts Are Disappointing
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- LOHAS- Socially Conscious Consumers Create Challenges and Opportunities for Advertisers and Marketers
- Plus-Size and Vanity Sizing Target Overweight Consumers
- Demand for Home Grocery Delivery Service Such as Instacart and Amazon Fresh Soars
- Super Beauty Stores Combine Shopping with Personal Care Services
- How to Interpret Reports of Retail Sales
Retail Industry Statistics
- U.S. Retail Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Annual Consumer Price Index, 1950-2022, U.S.
- Exports, General Imports & Trade Balance in Goods, U.S.: 1990-2nd Quarter 2022
- Total U.S. Retail Sales & Annual Percent Change: 1993- August 2022
- U.S. Retail Trade Corporation Statistics, 2nd Quarter 2022
- Total Annual Sales of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: 2016-2021
- Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: 2016-2021
- Total U.S. Disposable Income, Expenditures & Gross Domestic & National Product Per Capita: Selected Years, 1960-2022 Q2
- Average Annual Expenditures of All Consumer Households: 2016-2021, U.S.
- Distribution of Total U.S. Annual Household Expenditures, by Major Category: 2021
- Resident Population Estimates by Age, U.S.: 2015-2021
- Employment in the Retail Industry, U.S.: 2015-August 2022