Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Retailing & Chain Stores Industry Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: December 2019
Buy this Book
Publication Date: December 2019
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in the Retailing Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-459-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-799-2 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and industry statistics
- Industry associations list
- Profiles of leading companies
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the retailing business including:
- Wal-Mart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle Amazon
- Warehouse Clubs and Discount Department Stores Battle for Market Share
- Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
- Diverse Selling Techniques Boost Direct Marketers and Non-Store Sales
- Apple Sets the Bar for Showcase Stores and Super-Merchandisers
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Retail Technologies Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders/Apps and Location-Based Ads Drive Sales
- Retailers Offer Expedited Delivery to Compete with Amazon
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- Self-Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow in Stores and Online
- Retailers Look for Long-Term Growth in Emerging Markets, Including China and India
- Retail Center Occupancy Is Challenged as Online Sales Hurt Stores
- LOHAS- Socially Conscious Consumers Create Challenges and Opportunities for Advertisers and Marketers
- Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
- Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
- Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon Competes in Groceries
Retail Industry Statistics
- U.S. Retail Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Annual Consumer Price Index, 1935-2017, U.S.
- Exports, General Imports & Trade Balance in Goods, U.S.: 1989-2nd Quarter 2017
- Total U.S. Retail Sales & Annual Percent Change: 1992- August 2017
- U.S. Retail Trade Corporation Statistics, 2nd Quarter 2017
- Total Annual Sales of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: 2011-2016
- Total Monthly Sales and Inventories of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: January-August 2017
- Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: Monthly, through August 2017
- Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: 2011-2016
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2008-2nd Quarter 2017
- Total U.S. Disposable Income, Expenditures & Gross Domestic & National Product Per Capita: Selected Years, 1960-2016
- Average Annual Expenditures of All Consumer Households: 2011-2016, U.S.
- Distribution of Total U.S. Annual Household Expenditures, by Major Category: 2015
- Resident Population Estimates by Age, U.S.: 2010-2016
- Employment in the Retail Industry, U.S.: 2010-September 2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Cabela's Inc
- 7-Eleven Inc
- 99 Cents Only Stores LLC
- A C Moore Arts & Crafts Inc
- Aarons Inc
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- Advance Auto Parts Inc
- Ahold USA Inc
- Albertsons LLC
- SkyMall Inc
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.