July 22, 2020
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Wireless communications, including such fields as mobile entertainment, RFID, mobile banking and cellphone service, continues to be one of the hottest of the world’s industrial sectors. However, the wireless sector incorporates a great deal more than cellphone services, ranging from satellite-based communications to vast wireless Wi-Fi networks in corporate and public spaces. There is no end in sight to the rapid acceleration of wireless. RFID (radio frequency ID tags used to track inventory) equipment prices are plummeting while adoption is growing on a global basis. Uses for smartphones are growing endlessly. Applications for remote wireless sensors of all types (often referred to as the Internet of Things) are about to soar as technologies improve and costs decline.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 300 companies in the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry.
- Printed Almanac: 978-1-62831-574-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-883-8 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 274
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular business including:
- Introduction to the Wireless Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry
- 5G Wireless Networks to Rollout Worldwide, Enabling the Internet of Things (IoT)/Massive Investments Required
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Reach 8.7 Billion
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- RFID Helps Manage Hospital and Pharmacy Inventories
- Telemedicine and Remote Patient Monitoring Rely on Wireless
- Self-Check-In Kiosks, RFID and Wireless Technologies Save Costs and Enhance Travelers’ Experiences at Airlines and Hotels
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, Intelligent Transportation (ITS) and Real Time Traffic Information
- In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- Location-Based Services (LBS) Enhance Smartphones and Mobile Advertising
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $85.5 Billion Yearly
- In-Flight Wireless Takes Off
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription Price Competition
- Voice and Face Recognition Change the Wireless World, Enhanced Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- Smaller Satellites (SmallSats and CubeSats) and Low Earth Orbit Revolutionize Telecommunications
- Smart Cities Utilize Sensors and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Increase Efficiencies/The Internet of Things (IoT) Boosts Potential
- Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
- Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
- Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 4G and 5G Smartphones
- The Future of the Wireless Industry
Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics
- Wireless, Wi-Fi, RFID & Cellular Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Wireless Quick Facts, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Wireless Standards & Speeds
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2014-2019
- Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2016-2019
- Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2018
- Wireless Telecommunications Industry (except Satellite) Employment, U.S.: 2011-April 2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- China Telecom Corporation Ltd
- Alaska Communications Systems Group Inc
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- T-Mobile US Inc
- Amdocs Limited
- America Movil SAB de CV
- American Tower Corp
- Anaren Inc
- Apple Inc
- Raytheon Applied Signal Technology Inc