April 13, 2022
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Almanac, 2022 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Transportation is one of the world’s largest industries. Its sectors range from taxis to trucks, airplanes, trains, courier services, ships, barges, warehouses and logistics/supply chain services. To a growing extent, it now includes the use of robotics and artificial intelligence in terms of self-driving cars and trucks, and eventually may include a significant level of robotic delivery vehicles. Robotics are already providing a high level of automation in ports and warehouses, while artificial intelligence is also being applied widely to the supply chain. In 2021, Plunkett Research estimated global transportation sector revenues of $4.9 trillion, or 6% of GDP.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-620-9 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-953-8 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 503
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics business including:
- Introduction to the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
- Coronavirus Effects: Supply Chains are in Crisis Mode/Massive Shortages of Workers and Services/Airlines Attempting to Recover
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services Soar
- FedEx, UPS & DHL Compete in Global Shipping and Logistics/Amazon.com Begins to Fulfill its Own Shipping Needs
- Trucking Companies Focus on Driver Challenges, Regulatory Issues & Self-Driving Trucks
- Freight Railways Invest in Automation, Infrastructure and Safety
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
- High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
- U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
- Ships Get Bigger and More Efficient
- Ports and Canals Expand to Accommodate Larger Vessels and Increased Shipment Volume
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Boeing and Airbus Compete for New Orders
- New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
- Airports Expand
- New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real Time Traffic Information
- India’s Transportation Infrastructure Needs Billions of Dollars in Construction
- Uber, Lyft and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Raid Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and Development Worldwide
- Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
- Smart Cities Utilize Sensors and Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Create Privacy and Security
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation Revolutionize Supply Chain and Logistics Systems
- The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Mobility Services and Hyperloop
Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Statistics
- Transportation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Revenues: 2017-2020
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Expenses: 2017-2020
- Top 50 Countries Providing U.S. Imports: 2014-2021
- Top 50 Countries Receiving U.S. Exports: 2014-2021
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2021 System Scheduled Enplanements
- Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports: 3rd Quarter 2020-3rd Quarter 2021
- Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2041
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-November 2021
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2041
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Transportation, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2019-2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Volkswagen AG (VW)
- Mercedes-Benz Group AG
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors Company (GM)
- Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW Group)
- Stellantis NV
- Hyundai Motor Company
- Nissan Motor Co Ltd
- United Parcel Service Inc (UPS)