Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Almanac 2021 Edition
Publication Date: April 2021
Buy this Book
Publication Date: April 2021
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-565-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-909-5 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 484
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics business including:
- Introduction to the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- FedEx, UPS & DHL Compete in Global in Shipping and Logistics/Amazon.com Begins to Fulfill its Own Shipping Needs
- Trucking Companies Enjoy Dominant Market Share, Focus on Driver Challenges and Regulatory Issues
- Freight Railways Invest in Infrastructure and Safety
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
- High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
- U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
- Ships Get Bigger and More Efficient
- Ports and Canals Expand to Accommodate Larger Vessels
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Boeing and Airbus Lose Orders
- New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
- Airports Expand
- New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real Time
- India’s Transportation Infrastructure Needs Billions of Dollars in Construction
- Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Raid Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and
- Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
- Smart Cities Utilize Sensors and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Increase Efficiencies/ The Internet of Things (IoT) Boosts Potential
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation Revolutionize Supply Chain and
- The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Mobility Services and Hyperloop
Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Statistics
- Transportation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Revenues: 2017-Q3 2020
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Expenses: 2016-2019
- Top 50 Countries Providing U.S. Imports: 2013-2020
- Top 50 Countries Receiving U.S. Exports: 2013-2020
- U.S.-Canadian Border Land-Freight Gateways: Number of Incoming Truck or Rail Container Crossings: 2019-2020
- U.S.-Mexican Border Land-Freight Gateways: Number of Incoming Truck or Rail Container Crossings: 2019-2020
- Truck Transportation Industry, U.S.: Estimated Truck Inventories: 2015-2019
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2020 System Scheduled Enplanements
- Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports: 3rd Quarter 2019-3rd Quarter 2020
- Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2040
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-November 2020
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2040
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Transportation, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2019-2021
- Transportation Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2015-2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- AB Volvo
- Go-Ahead Group plc (The)
- Japan Airlines Co Ltd
- ADA Sa
- Aer Lingus Group
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines JSC
- Air Canada
- Air China Limited
- Air New Zealand Ltd
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.