April 26, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The Coronavirus pandemic of 2020-21 had a significant effect on the entire transportation and supply chain sector worldwide. Among the hardest hit sectors was the airline industry, due to plummeting passenger ticket sales. Logistics, supply chain, shipping and railroads have been affected in varying ways, depending on which of their customers you are considering. Ecommerce has been booming, as online firms like Amazon became the preferred places for many consumers to shop. This means that local delivery services, ecommerce warehouses and many other types of transportation services that support ecommerce are booming.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-565-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-909-5 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 484
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics business including:
- Introduction to the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- FedEx, UPS & DHL Compete in Global in Shipping and Logistics/Amazon.com Begins to Fulfill its Own Shipping Needs
- Trucking Companies Enjoy Dominant Market Share, Focus on Driver Challenges and Regulatory Issues
- Freight Railways Invest in Infrastructure and Safety
- China Makes Immense Investments in Railroads, Highways, Airports & Silk Road
- High Speed Passenger Trains, Including Maglev, Advance in China and Europe
- U.S. Passenger Train Projects Receive Funding, Including Light Rail and All Aboard Florida
- Ships Get Bigger and More Efficient
- Ports and Canals Expand to Accommodate Larger Vessels
- Discount Airlines Compete with Legacy Airlines, but the Differences Are Beginning to Blur
- Boeing and Airbus Lose Orders
- New Aircraft Designs Offer Greater Passenger Comfort/More Efficient Engines
- Airports Expand
- New Technologies Show Promise for Port and Airport Security
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Wireless Information Systems Surge Ahead in Vehicles: Telematics, ITS and Real Time
- India’s Transportation Infrastructure Needs Billions of Dollars in Construction
- Uber and Didi Dominate the Car on Demand (Raid Hailing) Industry
- Self-Driving, Autonomous Cars Receive Massive Investments in Research and
- Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
- Smart Cities Utilize Sensors and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Increase Efficiencies/ The Internet of Things (IoT) Boosts Potential
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation Revolutionize Supply Chain and
- The Future of Transportation and Supply Chains: Massive Investments in Infrastructure, Mobility Services and Hyperloop
Transportation, Supply Chain & Logistics Industry Statistics
- Transportation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Revenues: 2017-Q3 2020
- U.S. Transportation & Warehousing Industry Expenses: 2016-2019
- Top 50 Countries Providing U.S. Imports: 2013-2020
- Top 50 Countries Receiving U.S. Exports: 2013-2020
- U.S.-Canadian Border Land-Freight Gateways: Number of Incoming Truck or Rail Container Crossings: 2019-2020
- U.S.-Mexican Border Land-Freight Gateways: Number of Incoming Truck or Rail Container Crossings: 2019-2020
- Truck Transportation Industry, U.S.: Estimated Truck Inventories: 2015-2019
- Top 10 U.S. Airlines & Airports Ranked by 2020 System Scheduled Enplanements
- Quarterly U.S. Scheduled Service Passenger Airlines Financial Reports: 3rd Quarter 2019-3rd Quarter 2020
- Total Scheduled U.S. International Passenger Traffic, U.S. Commercial Air Carriers: 2010-2040
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics, U.S.: 1996-November 2020
- U.S. Airline Passenger Activity: 2010-2040
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Transportation, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2019-2021
- Transportation Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2015-2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- AB Volvo
- Go-Ahead Group plc (The)
- Japan Airlines Co Ltd
- ADA Sa
- Aer Lingus Group
- Aeroflot Russian Airlines JSC
- Air Canada
- Air China Limited
- Air New Zealand Ltd