August 5, 2019
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Telecommunications Industry Almanac, 2020 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
No other industry touches as many technology-related business sectors as telecommunications, which encompasses not only the traditional areas of local and long-distance telephone service, but also advanced technology-based services including wireless communications, the Internet, fiber-optics and satellites. Telecom is also deeply intertwined with entertainment of all types as cable TV systems aggressively offering local telephone service and high-speed Internet access. Competing directly against cable, traditional telecommunications firms are now selling television via the Internet.
In an attempt to unblur the lines of what is telecom, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) is a term that is used to help describe the relationship between the myriad types of goods, services and networks that make up the global information and telecommunications system. Sectors involved in ICT include landlines, private networks, the Internet, wireless communications, (including cellular and remote wireless sensors) and satellites.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Telecommunications Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-541-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-848-7 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 360
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the telecommunications business including:
- Introduction to the Telecommunications Industry
- Landline Subscribers Cancel Service; Bundled Services Pick Up Some of the Slack/AT&T Acquisition of Time Warner Shakes Up Telecom and Entertainment Industries
- 5G Wireless Networks to Rollout Worldwide, Enabling the Internet of Things (IoT)/Massive Investments Required
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
- Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Reach 8.4 Billion
- Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 4G and 5G Smartphones
- VOIP (Telephony over the Internet) Continues To Revolutionize the Telecommunications Industry
- Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.2 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Telecommunications Systems Move Online Including Unified Communications, Telepresence
- Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription
- Smaller Satellites (SmallSats and CubeSats) and Low Earth Orbit Revolutionize Telecommunications
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Telecommunications Industry Statistics
- Telecommunications Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Quarterly Telecommunications Industry Revenue by Class of Customer, U.S.:
2nd Quarter 2018-1st Quarter 2019
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2014-2018
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Breakdown of Revenue by Type of Customer, U.S.: 2014-2017
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
- The Baby Bells Then & Now
- Total Retail Local Telephone Service Connections, U.S.: 2013-2017
- U.S. Households With & Without Telephone Service, including Wireless:
November 1983-July 2018
- Annual Personal Consumption Expenditures on Telecommunications, U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2018
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2018
- Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Wireless Standards & Speeds
- Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- Employment in the Telecommunications Industry, U.S.: 1990-May 2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- China Telecom Corporation Ltd
- ACT Conferencing Inc
- ADTRAN Inc
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD)
- Akamai Technologies Inc
- Alaska Communications Systems Group Inc
- Quanta Services Inc
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- T-Mobile US Inc
- Opterna AM Inc