Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Telecommunications Industry Almanac 2020 Edition
Publication Date: August 2019
Buy this Book
Publication Date: August 2019
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Telecommunications Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-541-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-848-7 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 360
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the telecommunications business including:
- Introduction to the Telecommunications Industry
- Landline Subscribers Cancel Service; Bundled Services Pick Up Some of the Slack/AT&T Acquisition of Time Warner Shakes Up Telecom and Entertainment Industries
- 5G Wireless Networks to Rollout Worldwide, Enabling the Internet of Things (IoT)/Massive Investments Required
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Chinese, Indian and African Cellphone Markets Skyrocket
- Wireless Service Subscriptions Worldwide Reach 8.4 Billion
- Handset Makers Adopt Android, Push Advanced 4G and 5G Smartphones
- VOIP (Telephony over the Internet) Continues To Revolutionize the Telecommunications Industry
- Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.2 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Telecommunications Systems Move Online Including Unified Communications, Telepresence
- Carriers Reinstate Unlimited Access Plans for Smartphones/Face Intense Subscription
- Smaller Satellites (SmallSats and CubeSats) and Low Earth Orbit Revolutionize Telecommunications
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Telecommunications Industry Statistics
- Telecommunications Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Quarterly Telecommunications Industry Revenue by Class of Customer, U.S.:
2nd Quarter 2018-1st Quarter 2019
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2014-2018
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Breakdown of Revenue by Type of Customer, U.S.: 2014-2017
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers, Estimated Sources of Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
- The Baby Bells Then & Now
- Total Retail Local Telephone Service Connections, U.S.: 2013-2017
- U.S. Households With & Without Telephone Service, including Wireless:
November 1983-July 2018
- Annual Personal Consumption Expenditures on Telecommunications, U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2018
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2018
- Top Mobile Operators by Number of Subscribers, Worldwide
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Wireless Standards & Speeds
- Satellite Telecommunications: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- Employment in the Telecommunications Industry, U.S.: 1990-May 2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- China Telecom Corporation Ltd
- ACT Conferencing Inc
- ADTRAN Inc
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD)
- Akamai Technologies Inc
- Alaska Communications Systems Group Inc
- Quanta Services Inc
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- T-Mobile US Inc
- Opterna AM Inc
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.