July 22, 2022
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Sports & Recreation Industry Almanac, 2023 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The sports business is a truly global industry, and sports stir up deep passion within spectators and players alike in countries around the world. Sports business ranges from gambling to facilities management, entertainment and personal fitness. On a very broad basis, including related services, a reasonable estimate of the total U.S. sports and recreation market would be $565.1 billion yearly. Globally, that jumps to $1.5 trillion.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Sports & Recreation Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-666-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-991-0 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
Statistical Tables Provided: 8
Companies Profiled: 410
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the sports & recreation business including:
- Introduction to the Sports & Recreation Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Sports & Recreation Industry
- NFL (National Football League): The Biggest Money in U.S. Sports
- Broadcasting Fees, Digital Access and Investment Savvy Boost MLB (Major League Baseball)
- NBA (National Basketball Association) Goes Global
- NHL (National Hockey League) Expands
- Television Rights Contracts Bring in Lucrative Revenues for Major Sports Leagues
- Soccer (Football) Leagues in the U.S. and Europe Reap Significant Revenues and Sponsorships
- New Sports Stadiums Launched in the U.S./Stadium Sponsorships Offset Costs
- NCAA College Sports Are Big Revenue Earners/Student Athletes Eligible for Some Compensation
- PGA (Professional Golf Association) Faces Competition from LIV
- Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 60 Million Players
- eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
- Sports Betting Gains Traction with Online Betting
- Sports Equipment Manufacturers Offer the Latest High-Tech Advantages
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
- Sports Agents Are Indispensable/Sports Marketing Booms in China
- Sports Licensing Heats Up
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech
Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including Sports and Activity-Based Travel
- Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
- The Future of the Sports Industry Will Be Shaped by Technologies and Demographics
Sports Industry Statistics
- Sports & Recreation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Global Sports Industry Revenues, 2019-2021
- Selected U.S. Sports Industry Revenues: 2015-2021
- Sports Industry, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2016-2021
- U.S. Spectator Sports, Performing Arts & Related Industries, Breakdown of Expenses: 2017-2020
- Estimated Monthly Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, U.S.: 1992- March 2022
- Overview of the Media Contracts of the Four Big Sports Leagues
- Sports Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2018-2022
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Comcast Corporation
- Walt Disney Company
- Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
- Nike Inc
- WarnerMedia (Warner Media LLC)
- NBCUniversal Media LLC
- Paramount Global
- adidas AG
- ESPN Inc
- Cox Communications Inc