HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Sports & Recreation Industry Almanac, 2019 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The sports business means many different things to different people. This is a truly global industry, and sports stir up deep passion within spectators and players alike in countries around the world. For individuals, sports can be a venue for gambling, personal recreation and fitness. To business people, sports provide a lucrative and continually growing marketplace worthy of immense investment. To athletes, sports may lead to high levels of personal achievement, and to professionals, sports can bring fame and fortune. To facilities developers and local governments, sports are a way to build revenue from tourists and local fans. In addition to economic impact, the largest single effect that sports create is that of gripping entertainment: hundreds of millions of fans around the globe follow sports daily, whether via radio, television, printed publications, online or in person, as spectators or participants.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication lists the top 350 companies in the Sports & Recreation Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-500-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-823-4 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 12
Companies Profiled: 379
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the sports & recreation business including:
- Introduction to the Sports & Recreation Industry
- NFL (National Football League): The Biggest Money in U.S. Sports
Broadcasting Fees, Digital Access and Investment Savvy Boost MLB (Major League
- NBA (National Basketball Association) Regroups Under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- NHL (National Hockey League) Team Differences Result in Financial Haves and Have-Nots
- Television Rights Contracts Bring in Lucrative Revenues for Major Sports Leagues
- Soccer (Football) Leagues in the U.S. and Europe Reap Significant Revenues and Sponsorships
- New Sports Stadiums Launched in the U.S./Stadium Sponsorships Offset Costs
- NCAA College Sports Are Big Revenue Earners
PGA (Professional Golf Association) Tournaments Grow in International Markets/Golf
Returns to the Olympics
- Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 59.3 Million Players
- eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
- Sports Equipment Manufacturers Offer the Latest High-Tech Advantages
Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
- Sports Agents Become Indispensable/ Sports Marketing Booms in China
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech
Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Bicycle Sharing Grows in Major Cities, But Finances Are Challenging
Aging Baby Boomers Will Cause Significant Changes in the Leisure Sector, Including
Sports and Activity-Based Travel
- Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
- The Future of the Sports Industry Will Be Shaped by Technologies and Demographics
Sports Industry Statistics
- Sports & Recreation Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated Size of the Entire Sports Industry, U.S. 2007-2017
- Global Sports Industry Revenues, 2016-2017
- Selected U.S. Sports Industry Revenues: 2011-2017
- Sports Industry, Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2016
- U.S. Spectator Sports, Performing Arts & Related Industries, Breakdown of Expenses: 2013-2016
- Estimated Annual Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, Inventories & Purchases, U.S.: 2009-2017
- Estimated Monthly Sporting Goods Stores Retail Sales, U.S.: 1992-March 2018
- Exports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Imports of Sporting & Athletic Equipment, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Overview of the Media Contracts of the Four Big Sports Leagues
- Sports Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2014-2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Cabela's Inc
- Disney Media Networks
- Motorsports Authentics LLC
- American Golf Corp
- Bowlmor AMF Corp
- Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc
- Time Warner Inc
- Warnaco Swimwear Inc