HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Retailing & Chain Stores Industry Almanac, 2019 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Retail, with nearly 15.8 million employees in America alone (more than one out of 10 workers), is one of the largest industries in the world. Retail sales in the U.S. totaled an estimated $6.05 trillion during 2018, according to Plunkett Research, up about 5% for the year, and up dramatically from only $4.0 trillion during 2009.
Competition among retailers has never been tougher. A retailer without a significant competitive advantage doesn’t stand a chance. Superstores are battling each other on every major corner, while internet marketers are consistently taking market share away from stores.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Retailing Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-514-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-838-8 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 490
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the retailing business including:
- Introduction to the Retail Industry
Wal-Mart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle
- Department Stores Suffer, While Today’s Consumers Demand Discounts and Convenience
- Warehouse Clubs and Discount Department Stores Battle for Market Share
- Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
- Diverse Selling Techniques Boost Direct Marketers and Non-Store Sales
- Apple Sets the Bar for Showcase Stores and Super-Merchandisers
- Consumers Slowly Increase Borrowing
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Retail Technologies and Artificial Intelligence Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders
- Robotics in Retail
- Retailers Offer Expedited Delivery to Compete with Amazon
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- Self-Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow in Stores and Online
- Retailers Look for Long-Term Growth in Emerging Markets, Including China and India
- Retail Center Occupancy Is Challenged as Online Sales Hurt Stores
- Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
- Malls Remodel to Boost Sales and Attract Shoppers/Store Visitor Counts Are Disappointing
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- LOHAS- Socially Conscious Consumers Create Challenges and Opportunities for Advertisers and Marketers
- Plus-Size and Vanity Sizing Target Overweight Consumers
- Discount Clothing Retailers See Promise in Designer Lines
- Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon
Competes in Groceries
- How to Interpret Reports of Retail Sales
Retail Industry Statistics
- U.S. Retail Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Annual Consumer Price Index, 1940-2018, U.S.
- Exports, General Imports & Trade Balance in Goods, U.S.: 1989-3rd Quarter 2018
- Total U.S. Retail Sales & Annual Percent Change: 1992- September 2018
- U.S. Retail Trade Corporation Statistics, 2nd Quarter 2018
- Total Annual Sales of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Total Monthly Sales and Inventories of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: January- September 2018
- Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: Monthly, through September 2018
- Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2009-3rd Quarter 2018
- Total U.S. Disposable Income, Expenditures & Gross Domestic & National Product Per Capita: Selected Years, 1960-2017
- Average Annual Expenditures of All Consumer Households: 2012-2017, U.S.
- Distribution of Total U.S. Annual Household Expenditures, by Major Category: 2017
- Resident Population Estimates by Age, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Employment in the Retail Industry, U.S.: 2010-September 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Cabela's Inc
- 7-Eleven Inc
- 99 Cents Only Stores LLC
- A C Moore Arts & Crafts Inc
- Aarons Inc
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- Advance Auto Parts Inc
- Ahold USA Inc
- Albertsons LLC
- SkyMall Inc