May 5, 2020
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Almanac, 2020 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
At Plunkett Research, we look at the “hospitality” industry in a broad way, to include most types of services or sectors that serve freshly-prepared food to customers, or provide lodging to travelers. The long-term growth outlook for the hospitality sector is excellent.
Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-503-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-875-3 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 8
Companies Profiled: 351
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the restaurant, hotel and hospitality business including:
Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Global Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
- McDonald’s Repositions to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes and Robotics
- Wages for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers
- Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/Fast Fine)
- Food Trucks Serve Busy Urban Diners, Introduce New Chefs
- Grubhub, DoorDash and Others Deliver Restaurant Meals to Customers’ Homes and Offices
- Restaurants with No Seats
- Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
- Retail Technologies Advance for Restaurant Digital Orders, along with Robotics and Automation
- Cruise Industry Market Was Strong But Faces Tremendous New Challenges
- Small Cruise Ships Feature Adventure, Luxury, Intimacy or Access to More Places
- River Cruise Lines Launched with Low Capital Investment and High Fares
- Chinese Tourism Will Create Growth Opportunities for the Cruise and Hotel Industries
- Ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, Adventure Tourism and Volunteerism Grow as
Certification Standards Emerge
- Luxury Hotel Chains Expanded Globally
- What Millennials and Mobile-Savvy Consumers Want as Tourists and Travelers
- Hotels Target Young Customers with Strategies Ranging from Micro Rooms and Hostels,
to Hip Hotels that Encourage Mingling to Fitness Options
- Hotels Adopt Smartphones and In-Room Tablets to Deliver Services, Speed Check-In and Replace Room Keys
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway
and Many Global Competitors
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs)/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
- Localization will Drive Hotel Features, Marketing
- Dog-Friendly Hotels Gain Market Share
- The Future of the Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry
Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics
- Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Food Services and Drinking Places Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2012-2019
- Estimated U.S. Accommodation Sector Quarterly Revenues: 2017-4th Quarter 2019
- Top 20 Countries Ranked by International Tourism, Number of Arrivals: 2011-2018
- Changes in Food Price Indexes, U.S.: 2018-2020
- Consumer Food Price Indexes, Food Away from Home & Food at Home, U.S.: 1997-2018
- Restaurant and Hospitality Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation, U.S.: May 2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Accor North America
- Extended Stay America Inc
- Kerzner International Limited
- Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc
- Ramada Worldwide Inc
- Ameristar Casinos Inc
- Autogrill SpA
- Barcelo Crestline Corporation
- Best Western International Inc