June 29, 2022
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Real Estate & Construction Industry Almanac, 2022 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The real estate and construction sectors, including the many professions and fields associated with them, are among the larger components of the global economy. As of end of year 2021, the U.S. Bureau of Labor estimated that 7.4 million Americans were employed in the construction industry (up from 7.0 million at the beginning of 2020, and almost back to 2007’s peak of 7.6 million). Construction of all types, including commercial, has enjoyed a strong market in recent years. About $2.98 trillion in new American construction was expected to be put into place for 2021, according to the U.S. Bureau of the Census.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in Real Estate & Construction Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-615-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-946-0 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 508
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the real estate, construction & home building business including:
- Introduction to the Real Estate & Construction Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Real Estate & Construction Industry
- Rising Interest Rates Hinder Mortgage Originations, May Slow Home Sales
- Online Competition Changes the Mortgage Industry
- Millennials & Investors Buying Homes/High Prices Pose Challenges
- Real Estate Online Services Continue to Grow
- Internet-Based Home Sales and Cheap Commissions Rock Residential Brokers
- Homes and Commercial Buildings Seek Green Certification
- Building Technologies Advance/Robotics & 3D Printing Used in Construction
- Baby Boomers Become a Strong Influence in the Housing Market/Universal Design
- Multigenerational Families Are Increasingly Living Under One Roof
- Real Estate Markets in China and India Face Challenges
- Mixed-Use Developments Go Vertical
- Mall and Shopping Center Occupancy Fall as Online Sales Hurt Stores
- Malls Remodel to Boost Sales and Attract Shoppers/Store Visitor Counts Are Disappointing
- Tiny Apartments and Condos Proliferate, Solve Affordability Problem
- Remodeling Market Is Strong
- Shared Spaces for Co-Living and Co-Working Face Challenges
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and the Smart Home
- The Future of Housing/The Future of Cities
Real Estate & Construction Industry Statistics
- Real Estate & Construction Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Selected Construction Industry Revenue by Industry Sector, U.S.: 2017-2021
- Value of U.S. Private Construction Put in Place: 2015-2021
- Value of U.S. Public Construction Put in Place: 2015-2021
- Estimates of the Total Housing Inventory for the U.S.: 2020-2021
- Commercial, Residential & Farm Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2013-2021
- Home Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2013-2021
- Mortgage Loans Outstanding, U.S.: 1985-2021
- New Privately-Owned Housing Units Started, U.S.: 1985-2021
- Homeownership Rates by Region, U.S.: Selected Years, 1965-2021
- Average Sales Prices of New Homes Sold in U.S.: 1963-2021
- Median & Average Sales Price of New Single Family Homes by Region, U.S.: 1990-2021
- Construction Industry Employment, U.S.: 2017- February 2022
- Miscellaneous Real Estate & Construction Industry Employment, U.S.: 2017- February 2022
Companies Mentioned Include:
- China State Construction Engineering Corp (CSCEC)
- China Railway Construction Company Limited (CRCC)
- Home Depot Inc
- China Communications Construction Company Limited
- Lowes Companies Inc
- Greenland Holdings Corporation Limited
- Sinohydro Corporation
- Poly Developments and Holdings Group Co Ltd
- Daiwa House Industry Co Ltd
- Samsung C&T Corporation