June 10, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Real Estate & Construction Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The real estate and construction sectors, including the many professions and fields associated with them, are among the larger components of the global economy. As of early 2021, the U.S. Bureau of Labor estimated that 7.0 million Americans were employed in the construction industry (down from 7.3 million at the beginning of 2019, and down significantly from a peak of 7.6 million in 2007). The agency also estimated that 1.7 million Americans were employed in the real estate industry as of early 2021 (essentially unchanged from 2020). Unfortunately, the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 created many challenges in the real estate sector.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 450 companies in Real Estate & Construction Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-570-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-915-6 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 20
Companies Profiled: 477
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the real estate, construction & home building business including:
- Introduction to the Real Estate & Construction Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Real Estate & Construction Industry
- Low Interest Rates Cause Mortgage Refinancing to Boom
- Online Competition Changes the Mortgage Industry
- Millennials & Investors Buying Homes/High Prices Pose Challenges
- Real Estate Online Services Continue to Grow
- Internet-Based Home Sales and Cheap Commissions Rock Residential Brokers
- Homes and Commercial Buildings Seek Green Certification
- Building Technologies Advance/Robotics & 3D Printing Used in Construction
- Baby Boomers Become a Strong Influence in the Housing Market/Universal Design Catches On
- Multigenerational Families Are Increasingly Living Under One Roof
- Real Estate Markets in China and India Face Challenges
- Mixed-Use Developments Go Vertical
- Mall and Shopping Center Occupancy Fall as Online Sales and the Coronavirus Hurt Stores
- Malls Remodel to Boost Sales and Attract Shoppers/Store Visitor Counts Are Disappointing
- Tiny Apartments and Condos Proliferate, Solve Affordability Problem
- Hotel Mergers Enable Chains to Claim Market Share, Add Unique Properties
- Remodeling Market Is Strong
- Shared Spaces for Co-Living and Co-Working Face Challenges
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and the Smart Home
- The Future of Housing/The Future of Cities
Real Estate & Construction Industry Statistics
- Real Estate & Construction Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Selected Construction Industry Revenue by Industry Sector, U.S.: 2016-2020
- Value of U.S. Private Construction Put in Place: 2014-2020
- Value of U.S. Public Construction Put in Place: 2014-2020
- Estimates of the Total Housing Inventory for the U.S.: 2019-2020
- Assets & Liabilities, U.S. Agency- & Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE)-Backed
Securities by Holder: 2012-2020
- Commercial, Residential & Farm Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2012-2020
- Home Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2012-2020
- Mortgage Loans Outstanding, U.S.: 1985-2020
- New Privately-Owned Housing Units Started, U.S.: 1985-2020
- Homeownership Rates by Region, U.S.: Selected Years, 1965-2020
- Homeownership Rates by Race & Ethnicity of Householder, U.S.: 2001-2020
- Homeownership Rates by Age of Householder, U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2020
- Average Sales Prices of New Homes Sold in U.S.: 1963-2020
- Median & Average Sales Price of New Single Family Homes by Region, U.S.: 1990-2020
- New Single Family Homes Sold by Region, U.S.: 1985-2020
- New Single Family Homes Sold by Type of Financing, U.S.: 1989-2020
- Rental & Homeowner Vacancy Rates by Area, U.S.: Selected Years, 2005-2020
- Construction Industry Employment, U.S.: 2016- February 2021
- Miscellaneous Real Estate & Construction Industry Employment, U.S.: 2016- February 2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Archstone Trust
- AMERCO (U-Haul)
- Clayton Homes Inc
- Accor North America
- Extended Stay America Inc
- Kerzner International Limited
- Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc
- Diversicare Healthcare Services Inc
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc
- Riverview Realty Partners