HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Investment & Asset Management Industry Almanac, 2019 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The investment industry is comprised of a wide variety of sectors and service providers. At the top of the list are the giant asset managers, like BlackRock, a firm managing $6 trillion in investment assets, an amount so immense that it is roughly equal to the Gross Domestic Products (GDP) of Russia and India combined. Also at the top of the industry are the biggest exchanges, where billions of shares trade hands yearly, along with the major investment banks, those firms that raise money for corporate clients by selling their stocks and bonds to the public. Investment banks also deal in private equity investments and asset management, and they earn immense fees by brokering mergers and acquisitions.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the Investment & Asset Management Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-480-9 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-804-3 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 401
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the investment & asset management business including:
- Investment & Securities Industry Overview
- Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
- Shadow Banking Soars with Non-Bank Alternatives, Online or Peer-to-Peer Lending and Crowdfunding
- Investment Market Evolves in China
- Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $28.3 Trillion
- Employers Make 401(k) Enrollment Automatic/Broad Changes Are Suggested for Retirement Savings Plans
- Investment Firms and Banks Compete for Clients in High Net Worth Households
- ETFs Expand and Take Market Share from Mutual Funds/Mutual Fund Managers Are
Forced to Change
- Online Brokers Open Physical Offices/Online Trading Is Free for Large Depositors
- Hedge Funds Regroup and Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
- Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies/Fiduciary Rule Changes Help Annuity Sales Soar
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
- Stock Exchanges Merge/High Speed Technologies Force Massive Changes
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Payments, Lending, Insurance and Online “Robo Advisors”
- Artificial Intelligence Powers Hedge Fund Investment Strategies
- Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
- Investment Product Facts
Investment & Asset Management Industry Statistics
- Investment & Securities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Stock Market Performance Indices, U.S.: 1985-2018
- Stock Market Average Daily Trading Volume, U.S.: 2008-2018
- Common Stock Prices & Yields, U.S.: 1985-2018
- Sales, Profits & Stockholders' Equity, All Manufacturing Corporations, U.S.: 1990-Q3 2018
- Components of U.S. Money Stock Measures: 1980-2018
- Treasury Securities Outstanding by Kind of Obligation, U.S.: 1985-2017
- Estimated Ownership of U.S. Treasury Securities: 2009-2017
- Public Debt Securities Held by Private Investors, U.S.: 1985- September 2018
- Average Interest Rates of 3-Month & 10-Year U.S. Treasuries: 1985-2018
- Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2018
- Employment in the Investment & Securities Industry, U.S.: 2012- October 2018
- Securities, Commodity Contracts & Other Financial Investment Activities, Estimated Revenue for Employer Firms, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Securities, Commodity Contracts & Other Financial Investment Activities, Estimated Sources of Revenue for Employer Firms, U.S.: 2015-2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- A B Watley Group Inc
- Affiliated Managers Group Inc
- AllianceBernstein Holding LP
- Allstate Corporation (The)
- Ambac Financial Group Inc
- American International Group Inc (AIG)
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
- Annaly Capital Management Inc
- Bank of America Corp
- Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group)