October 23, 2019
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Insurance, Risk Management & Reinsurance Industry Almanac, 2020 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Insurance and risk management make up an immense global industry. According to a survey conducted by a leading global insurance firm, Swiss Re, worldwide insurance premiums totaled $5.19 trillion in 2018 (the latest data available), up from $4.89 trillion in 2017. This was equal to about 6.1% of global GDP. Global life insurance premiums were $2.82 trillion during 2018, while all other types of insurance totaled $2.37 trillion.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Insurance, Risk Management & Reinsurance Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-548-6 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-856-2 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 13
Companies Profiled: 363
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the insurance business including:
- Introduction to the Insurance Industry
- Aging Populations Create Challenges and Opportunities for the Insurance Industry
- Sophisticated Risk Management and Prevention Programs Lead to Lower Losses
- Risk Managers Seek Certification
- Independent Agencies Continue to Dominate Commercial Insurance, but Play a Lesser
Role in Personal Lines/Life Insurance Sales Fall in the U.S.
- Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
- Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to Be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
- States Pick Up Some Wind and Flood Risk for Homeowners/Underwriters Rely on Sophisticated Risk Analysis Technology to Set Rates
- No End in Sight to the Growth of Specialized Insurance Lines
- Health Sharing Ministries Attract Millions of Members
- Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies/Fiduciary Rule Changes Help Annuity Sales Soar
- Major U.S., Japanese and European Insurance Firms See Vast Promise in the Chinese, Southeast Asian and Emerging Markets
- Continued Rise in Health Care Costs
- Number of Uninsured Americans Declines But Remains High
- U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
- Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
- Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly
Rising Costs of Care
- Malpractice Suits Are Blamed for Rising Health Care Costs/Tort Reform Is Capping
Awards for Damages
- Hedge Funds Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
- Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $29.8 Trillion
- Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Payments, Lending, Insurance and Online “Robo Advisors”
- Drones Save Time and Money in Safety Inspections and Insurance Adjusti
- Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting
- The Future of the Insurance Industry and Risk Management
Insurance Industry Statistics
- Insurance Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Property-Casualty Insurance Companies: 2016-2nd Quarter 2019
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Life Insurance Companies: 2016-2nd Quarter 2019
- Typical U.S. Automobile Insurance Costs, per Year: 2018
- Employers' Costs for Total Compensation and Health Insurance, by Selected Characteristics, U.S.: Selected Years, 2015-2019
- The Nation's Health Dollar: 2019 Where It Came From (Estimated)
- Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage,
- Number & Percent of Persons without Health Insurance Coverage, by Age Group,
- Medical Care Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2019
- Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2019
- Life Expectancy at Age 65, U.S.
- Employment in the Insurance Industry, U.S.: 2013-July 2019
- Employment & Earnings in Insurance Industry Occupations, U.S.: May 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Chubb Limited
- Metropolitan Health Networks Inc
- National Security Group Inc (The)
- Aetna Inc
- AFLAC Inc
- AIG American General
- Alfa Insurance
- Alleghany Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Hanover Insurance Group Inc (The)