HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Almanac, 2019 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
In the history of the world of business, very few industries have enjoyed the stellar growth that we have seen in electronic media and entertainment over the past few decades. There is every reason for continued optimism regarding future growth of games, apps and social media due to the booming growth in Internet users globally, improvements in Internet access, and the continuing and dramatic evolution of electronic platforms, particularly smartphones and tablet computers. On the horizon, embedded, wearable and ubiquitous computing will be the next underlying technology advance that will further drive apps and social media, while virtual reality may take games and entertainment to an entirely new level.
- Plunkett Research lists top 200 companies in the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-496-0 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-821-0 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 15
Companies Profiled: 184
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the games, apps & social media business including:
- Introduction to the Games, Apps and Social Media Industry
- Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
- Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
- Overview of the Social Media Industry
- Social Media Generates $36 Billion in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
- TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 59.3 Million Players
- eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
- Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $58.6 Billion Yearly in 2017
- Revenues Are Strong for MMORPGs, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Gamification: Games Technology Boosts Education and Training
- Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- The Future of Games, Apps & Social Media
Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics
- Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Usage Demographics, U.S.: 2018
- Top 10 Social Networking Websites: May 2015
- Social Media Usage Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
- Top 5 Search Engines, U.S.: May 2015
- Home Broadband Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
- Smartphone Adoption Demographics, U.S.: January 2018
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Quarterly Software Publishing Industry Revenues, U.S.: 4th Quarter 2017-1st Quarter 2018
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2013-2017
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Operating Expenses: 2013-2016
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2017
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2012-2017
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- NetEase Inc
- Bally Technologies Inc
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- AMERICAN WAGERING INC
- Apple Inc
- Aristocrat Leisure Ltd
- Electronic Arts Inc (EA)
- EB GAMES
- GameStop Corp