Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Almanac 2021 Edition
Publication Date: June 2020
Buy this Book
Publication Date: June 2020
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 200 companies in the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-572-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-880-7 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 183
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the games, apps & social media business including:
- Introduction to the Games, Apps and Social Media Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Games, Apps & Social Media Industry
- Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
- Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
- Overview of the Social Media Industry
- Social Media Generates Billions of Dollars in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
- TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Online Games Compete with Consoles
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Technologies Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Fantasy Sports Post Growth, with 60 Million Players
- eSports: Electronic Games Become Spectator Sports
- Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $85.5 Billion Yearly
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Gamification: Games Technology Boosts Education and Training
- Sports Equipment and Social Media Converge
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- The Future of Games, Apps & Social Media
Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics
- Games, Apps & Social Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Usage Demographics, U.S.: 2019
- Use of Different Online Platforms: 2019
- Social Media Usage Demographics, U.S.: 2019
- Home Broadband Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2019
- Smartphone Adoption Demographics, U.S.: 2019
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2014-2019
- Quarterly Software Publishing Industry Revenues, U.S.: 1st Quarter 2019-4th Quarter 2019
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2014-2019
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Selected Expenses: 2014-2019
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers (except Satellite): Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2016-2019
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2014-2019
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- NetEase Inc
- Tapjoy Inc
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Giant Network Group Co Ltd
- Apple Inc
- Aristocrat Leisure Ltd
- Electronic Arts Inc (EA)
- EB GAMES
- GameStop Corp
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.