January 12, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 had a devastating effect on parts of the entertainment and media industry—specifically those that require in-person attendance. At the same time, it caused remote, streaming viewing of entertainment and content of all types to soar.
America continues to be the world’s largest media market. Plunkett Research estimates that, broadly measured, total U.S. communications and media spending was $1.9 trillion in 2020. The U.S. entertainment and media industry spans multiple sectors, from America’s 10,900 FM radio stations, to the 1.3 billion movie tickets sold yearly in American theaters.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-557-8 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-900-2 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 393
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media business including:
- Introduction to the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
- Streaming Apps Take Over TVs
- Online Games Compete with Consoles
- DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
- Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in Digital Music Downloads, but Digital Sales Slow
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 34.3 Million Subscribers
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Cable and Satellite TV Struggle with Cord-Cutting
- Streaming Apps Services Dominate
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the
TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
- Movie Attendance Plummeted/Film Studios Release Directly to Streaming Services
- China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.9 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
- Newspapers and Magazines Rely on Digital Editions and Apps
- Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $85.5 Billion Yearly
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
- The Future of Entertainment, Media and Publishing: Disruption, Portability and Consumer Control
Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics
- Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2015-2020
- Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues
by NAICS Code: 2015-2020
- Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2012-2019
- Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.:
- Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2015-2019
- Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2019
- Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2015-September 2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- American Greetings Corporation LLC
- Disney Media Networks
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Live Nation Entertainment Inc
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Dolby Laboratories Inc
- Kerzner International Limited
- Netflix Inc
- SoundCloud Limited
- Pro Publica Inc