Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Broadcasting Industry Almanac 2023 Edition
Publication Date: January 2023
Buy this Book
Publication Date: January 2023
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 400
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
- Introduction to the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
- Streaming Apps Take Over TVs
- Online & Mobile Games Compete with Consoles
- DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 34.2 Million Subscribers
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Streaming TV Services Give Consumers More Choices and Lead to Cord Cutting
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
- Movie Attendance Rebounds/Film Studios Release Quickly to Streaming Services
- Global Internet Market Tops 5.47 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
- Newspapers and Magazines Rely on Digital Editions and Apps
- Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities in the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- The Metaverse Attracts Investment
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $170 Billion Yearly
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
- The Future of Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry: Disruption, Portability and Consumer Control
Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics
- Entertainment & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2017-2022
- Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2017-2022
- Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2014-2021
- Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Cable & Other mobile Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2017-2022
- Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2021
- Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2017-October 2022
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.