June 16, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Education, EdTech (Education Technology) & MOOCs Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Education, both at higher and lower levels, is one of the largest activities in the world (in terms of employees, expenditures and consumers—that is, students). However, somewhat similar to the health care sector, education’s expenditures, quality of output and ultimate results vary widely from nation to nation, and from place to place within nations.
In total, global public and private spending on education (K-12 through higher education) is expected to be equal to about 5.8% of GDP, or $4.9 trillion for 2020. These numbers are Plunkett Research estimates. (On a worldwide basis, this makes the education sector somewhat smaller than the health care sector.)
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 150 companies in Education, EdTech & MOOCs industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-571-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-916-3 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 158
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Education, EdTech (Education Technology) & MOOCs business including:
- Introduction to the Education, EdTech (Education Technology) & MOOCs Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on Education
- Corporate Training and Adult Education Markets Continue to Grow Worldwide
- Tuition Assistance for Employees Is Spent at Online Universities
- Education in Emerging Nations Faces Unique Challenges
- A Wide Range of Software to Enhance Learning and Improve Education’s Cost-Effectiveness Is Offered by Large Firms and Startups Alike
- Adaptive Learning Technology Adjusts Classroom Pace to Each Individual Student’s Ability
- Innovative Companies Score Big Successes in Adult and Leisure Learning Online
- Affordable Degrees Are Served Up Online and in Hybrid (“Blended Education”) Models
- Charter Schools Post Growth, Create Controversy as Traditional School Alternatives
- Technology and the Internet Enable Virtual Schools, Ranging from Virtual Public Charter Schools to Online Universities
- The Internet Enables the Flipped Classroom, Pioneered by Khan Academy Tutorials
- MOOCs, Massive Open Online Courses: Startups Seek Elusive Profits
- U.S. and U.K. Universities Serve Up Education to Foreigners/Private Schools Grow Rapidly Outside the U.S.
- Gamification: Games Technology Boosts Education and Training
- The Future of Education
EdTech (Education Technology) & MOOCs Industry Statistics
- U.S. Education Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Global Education Statistics and Market Size Overview
- School Enrollment of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Level of School, U.S.: 1964-2019
- U.S. Population Age 25 and Older, by Educational Attainment: 1940-2020
- PreK-12th Grade Student Enrollment, By School Level & Race/Ethnicity, U.S.: Selected Years, 1995-2019
- Number & Percent Distribution of Public Elementary & Secondary Students & Schools, By Traditional or Charter School Status & Selected Characteristics: 2000-2001 & 2018-2019
- Total & Current Expenditures Per Pupil in Public Elementary & Secondary Schools, U.S.: Selected Years, 1919-2020
- Total Fall Enrollment in Degree-Granting Postsecondary Institutions, U.S.: 1967-2019
- Average Annual Costs for Full-Time Undergraduates at Degree-Granting Post-Secondary Institutions: 1969-2020
- Educational Services Industry Revenue, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Employment in Education Occupations, U.S.: May 2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Apollo Education Group Inc
- Broadview Institute Inc
- Franklin Covey Co
- DeVry Education Group Inc
- ECollege.com Inc
- iLinc Communications Inc
- HealthStream Inc
- Instructivision Inc
- Cengage Learning
- Edmentum Inc