Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Education, Education Technology & MOOCs Industry Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: May 2019
Buy this Book
Publication Date: May 2019
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 150 companies in Education, EdTech & MOOCs industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-495-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-819-7 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 158
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the education, technology (EdTech), schools & learning business including:
- Introduction to the Education, EdTech (Education Technology) & MOOCs Industry
- Corporate Training and Adult Education Markets Continue to Grow Worldwide
- Tuition Assistance for Employees Is Spent at Online Universities
- Education in Emerging Nations Faces Unique Challenges
- A Wide Range of Software to Enhance Learning and Improve Education’s Cost-
Effectiveness Is Offered by Large Firms and Startups Alike
- Adaptive Learning Technology Adjusts Classroom Pace to Each Individual Student’s Ability
- Innovative Companies Score Big Successes in Adult and Leisure Learning Online
- Affordable Degrees Are Served Up Online and in Hybrid (“Blended Education”) Models
- Charter Schools Post Growth, Create Controversy as Traditional School Alternatives
- Technology and the Internet Enable Virtual Schools, Ranging from Virtual Public Charter Schools to Online Universities
- The Internet Enables the Flipped Classroom, Pioneered by Khan Academy Tutorials
- MOOCs, Massive Open Online Courses: Startups Seek Elusive Profits
- U.S. and U.K. Universities Serve Up Education to Foreigners/Private Schools Grow Rapidly Outside the U.S.
- Gamification: Games Technology Boosts Education and Training
- The Future of Education
Education Industry Statistics
- U.S. Education Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Global Education Statistics and Market Size Overview
- School Enrollment of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Level of School, U.S.: 1964-2017
- U.S. Population Age 25 and Older, by Educational Attainment: 1940-2018
- PreK-12th Grade Student Enrollment, By School Level & Race/Ethnicity, U.S.:
Selected Years, 1995-2017
- Number & Percent Distribution of Public Elementary & Secondary Students & Schools, By Traditional or Charter School Status & Selected Characteristics: 2000-2001 & 2016-2017
- Total & Current Expenditures Per Pupil in Public Elementary & Secondary Schools, U.S.:
Selected Years, 1919-2016
- Government & Private Expenditures on All Education Institutions, as a Percent of GDP,
By Country: Selected Years, 2005-2015
- Average PISA Test Scores for Mathematics, Selected OECD & Non-OECD Countries: 2015
- Average PISA Test Scores for Reading, Selected OECD & Non-OECD Countries: 2015
- Average PISA Test Scores for Science, Selected OECD & Non-OECD Countries: 2015
- Average Annual Costs for Full-Time Undergraduates at Degree-Granting Post-Secondary
- Percentage of College Undergraduates Receiving Student Loans, By Selected Student
Characteristics: 1999–2000, 2011-12 & 2015–16
- Average Cumulative Loan Amount for College Undergraduates Receiving Student Loans,
By Selected Student Characteristics: 1999–2000, 2011-12 & 2015–16
- Educational Services Industry Revenue, U.S.: 2013-3rd Quarter 2018
- Employment in Education Occupations, U.S.: May 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Apollo Education Group Inc
- Broadview Institute Inc
- Franklin Covey Co
- DeVry Education Group Inc
- ECollege.com Inc
- iLinc Communications Inc
- HealthStream Inc
- Instructivision Inc
- Cengage Learning
- Edmentum Inc
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.