HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, E-Commerce & Internet Business Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The global internet audience continues to grow steadily, with the worldwide base of broadband internet users (including fixed and wireless) standing in excess of 4.9 billion as 2021 began. This vast base of high-speed internet users encourages businesses to innovate in order to offer an ever-evolving array of online services. Thanks to the Coronavirus pandemic, even groceries have moved into the fast lane, as online grocery and household product sales are growing quickly while consumers enjoy same-day delivery options. The most powerful trends on the internet include access via smartphones, the migration of entertainment, including TV programming, to streaming services, as well as technologies based on software-as-a-service in the cloud.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the E-Commerce & Internet Business Industry.
- Printed Almanac: 978-1-62831-561-5 ISBN (Available Now)
- E-book: 978-1-62831-904-0 ISBN (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 11
Companies Profiled: 491
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the e-commerce & internet business including:
- Introduction to the E-Commerce & Internet Business
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the E-commerce & Internet Business
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Amazon Continues to Boost its Market Share
- Retailers Offer Expedited Delivery to Compete with Amazon
- Package and Food Delivery by Drone
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.9 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
- China Is the World’s Largest E-commerce Market and Continues to Boom
- India Is the New E-Commerce Battle Ground
- Overview of the Social Media Industry
- Social Media Generates Billions of Dollars in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
- Digital Advertising Soars, Has Larger Share of U.S. Advertising Market Than TV
- Programmatic Ad Buying Dominates the Digital Media Market
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry, but Digital Sales Slow
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 34.3 Million Subscribers
- Overview of the Mobile Apps Industry
- Cable and Satellite TV Struggle With Cord-Cutting
- Streaming Apps Services Dominate
- Quality of Care and Health Care Outcomes Data Are Available Online, Creating a New
Level of Transparency
- The Internet, Smartphones and ATMs Replace Bank Branches and Tellers
- Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Demand for Home Grocery Delivery Service Such as Instacart and Amazon Fresh Soars
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online
- Fashion Rental Pioneered by Online Apparel Firm Rent the Runway
- Smaller Satellites (SmallSats and CubeSats) and Low Earth Orbit Revolutionize Telecommunications
- Sharing Economy Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway
and Many Global Competitors
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Subscription Fashion Services, Including Stitch Fix, Target Consumers
- Amazon Becomes One of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and Shoes
E-Commerce & Internet Business Industry Statistics
- Ecommerce & Internet Business Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & Ecommerce: 1st Quarter 2011-3rd Quarter 2020
- Ecommerce Related Services Quarterly Revenue, U.S.: 2018-2019
- U.S. Retail Trade Sales, Total & Ecommerce: 2017-2020
- Total & Ecommerce Sales for Electronic Shopping & Mail-Order Houses, By Merchandise Line, U.S.: 2017-2020
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Amazon.com, Inc. Annual Sales & Income: 2014-2020
- eBay Annual Statistics: 2015-2020
- Employment in Ecommerce & Internet-related Fields, U.S.: 1999-2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 1-800-Flowers.com Inc
- EarthLink LLC
- Automatic Data Processing Inc (ADP)
- Renren Inc
- About Inc
- Embarcadero Technologies Inc
- Vodafone Group plc
- Rakuten Inc