HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Consulting Industry Almanac, 2019 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Global consulting industry revenues (including HR, IT, strategy, operations, management and business advisory services) will reach approximately $491 billion in 2018, according to Plunkett Research estimates. As corporate profits in general have grown dramatically in recent years, executives are reasonably willing to authorize new consulting projects as long as they see the potential for a good return on the cost. Over the same period, growth in government budgets in the U.S. and much of Europe have been under tremendous pressure at the national, state and local levels. Even with a rebound on most state and local levels, efforts are still underway to lower or outright curtail spending and debt. This has been particularly hard on some consulting firms, since governmental agencies are prime clients for consultancies.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 250 companies in Consulting.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-497-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-820-3 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 4
Companies Profiled: 246
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the world’s top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the consulting business including:
- Introduction to the Consulting Industry
- Consulting in Emerging Nations/The Offshoring of Consulting Projects
- Management Consulting and Consulting to Major Corporations
- Consulting to Governments/U.S. Federal and State Consulting Contracts
- Federal Government Consulting May Grow as Many U.S. Agencies Seek Cost-Efficiencies
- IT Consulting/Software Consulting/ Computer Operations Consulting
- Trends in Manufacturing, such as Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs), Lead to Collaboration and Consulting-Like Services
- Consulting Firms Accept Assignments with Contingency Fees
- Consulting Firms Acquire Digital Advertising Agencies, Extending Their Marketing Services
- Accounting Firms Taking Large Market Share of Consulting Contracts
- Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
- Major Corporations and Organizations Develop Internal Consultants and Seek Outside
- Corporate Clients Want Solid Returns on IT Investments
- Consultancies Position Themselves to Serve Global Markets and Multinational Corporations
- Offshoring to India Drives Changes in Global Consulting
- BPO and KPO: White-Collar and Professional Tasks Are such as Law and Accounting Are Outsourced/Call Centers Become More Sophisticated
- New MBAs Desire Consulting and Accounting Jobs
Consulting Industry Statistics
- Consulting Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Consulting Industry Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Management Consulting Companies: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2013-2017
- Consulting Industry Employment, U.S.: 2013-March 2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Abt Associates Inc
- Arthur D Little
- Helios & Matheson Analytics Inc
- ABB LTD
- Abelica Global
- Affiliated Computer Services Inc
- PA Consulting Group
- Randstad Holding NV
- Amey plc
- Analysts International Corporation