HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Consulting Industry Almanac, 2016 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Global consulting industry revenues (including HR, IT, strategy, operations, management and business advisory services) will be about $470 billion in 2016, according to Plunkett Research estimates. The consulting industry experienced a slowdown after the 2008-2009 recession, but rising profits means major consulting companies, are seeing a rise in business from corporate clients. The same cannot be said for the government sector where intense budgetary scrutiny has been particularly hard on some consulting firms.
- Plunkett Research lists 250 companies in Consulting and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-396-3 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-729-9 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and industry statistics
- Industry associations list
- Profiles of leading companies
Statistical Tables Provided: 5
Companies Profiled: 257
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the consulting business including:
- Introduction to the Consulting Industry
- Management Consulting and Consulting to Major Corporations
- Consulting to Governments/U.S. Federal and State Consulting Contracts
- IT Consulting/Software Consulting/Computer Operations Consulting
- Trends in Manufacturing, such as Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs), Lead to
- Collaboration and Consulting-Like Services
- Consulting Firms Accept Assignments with Contingency Fees
- Accounting Firms Taking Large Market Share of Consulting Contracts
- Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure
- Major Corporations and Organizations Develop Internal Consultants and Seek Outside Clients
- Corporate Clients Want Solid Returns on IT Investments
- Federal Government Consulting Is Curtailed in Some Agencies as Part of Budget
- Austerity and Defense Cutbacks
- Offshoring to India Drives Changes in Global Consulting
- New MBAs Desire Consulting and Accounting Jobs
Consulting Industry Statistics
- Consulting Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Consulting Industry Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2010-2015
- Management Consulting Companies: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2010-2014
- Environmental Consulting Services Revenue, U.S.: 2007-2014
- Consulting Industry Employment, U.S.: 2010-2016
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Abt Associates Inc
- Arthur D Little
- Helios & Matheson Analytics Inc
- ABB LTD
- Abelica Global
- Affiliated Computer Services Inc
- PA Consulting Group
- Randstad Holding NV
- Amey plc
- Analysts International Corporation