August 05, 2022
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry Almanac, 2023 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The businesses of chemicals, coatings and plastics are closely linked, and those sectors, in turn, are closely linked to the oil and gas industry. The global chemicals industry totaled about $5.5 trillion in revenues in 2022 according to Plunkett Research estimates. (Not including another $1.5 trillion in pharmaceuticals, which are technically part of the chemicals sector.)
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication lists the top profiles top 400 companies in the Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-644-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-969-9 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 416
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics business including:
- Introduction to the Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry
- Plastic Processing Technologies Have Evolved According to Specialized Needs
- Global Demand for Plastics Will Soar Over the Long Term
- China’s Plastics Market to Grow Long-Term/China Is a Major Chemicals Import Market
- Petrochemicals Plants in the Middle East Expand but Face Challenges
- India’s Plastics and Chemicals Sectors Grow/India Is Home to Massive Petrochemical Plants
- New Display Technologies with PLEDs
- Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Delay Expansion Projects in U.S.
- Breakthroughs in Plastic Recycling
- Chemical Plants Increase Security Measures
- Environmentalists Campaign for a Greener Chemical Industry
- Packaging Technology Improves/Wal-Mart and Coca-Cola Boost Packaging Sustainability
- Bio-plastics Become a Reality/Plastic Packaging Made from Corn and Soy
- Nanochemicals Deliver Advanced Coatings and Specialty Chemicals
- Self-Assembly and Fabrication on the Atomic Level Enable Nanomanipulation
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Manufacturers Focus on High Performance Plastics and Specialty Chemicals
- HPTP Thermoplastics, Thermoset and Engineered Plastics Enable Advanced Products/Nanocomposites Offer the Ultimate in Advanced Materials
- The Future of the Global Chemicals Industry, Driven by Specialty Needs and a Growing
Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry Statistics
- Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Chemicals: 2016-2021
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Organic Chemicals: 2016-2021
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Inorganic Chemicals: 2016-2021
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Plastics & Plastics Products: 2016-2021
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Rubber & Rubber Products: 2016-2021
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Fertilizers: 2016-2021
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Pharmaceutical Products: 2016-2021
- Gross Output in the Chemicals, Plastics & Rubber Products Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2014-2020
- Chemicals & Plastics Industry Employment, U.S.: 2015- March 2022
- Employment & Wages in Chemicals Industry Occupations, U.S.: May 2021 Crude Oil Production & Drilling Activity, U.S.: Selected Years, 1990-2021
- Top World Oil Producers: 2021
- Natural Gas Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950- 2021
- Refinery Capacity & Utilization in the U.S.: Selected Years, 2016-2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec)
- China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (ExxonMobil)
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- TotalEnergies SE
- BP plc
- Chevron Corporation
- Cargill Incorporated
- Tata Group
- Koch Industries Inc