HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Plunkett’s Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry Almanac, 2020 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The businesses of chemicals, coatings and plastics are closely linked, and those sectors, in turn, are closely linked to the oil and gas industry. This is a research-based industry that requires massive capital expenditures on the production end. The chemicals industry is also a cyclical business, highly subject to costs for basic commodities (especially oil and gas) and open to rapid changes in fortune due to the ups and downs of the global economy. However, long-term trends point to increasing demand for many types of chemical products.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication lists the top profiles top 400 companies in the Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-539-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-846-3 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 20
Companies Profiled: 379
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics business including:
- Introduction to the Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry
- Plastic Processing Technologies Have Evolved According to Specialized Needs
- Global Demand for Plastics Will Soar Over the Long Term
- China’s Plastics Market to Grow/China Is a Major Chemicals Import Market
- Petrochemicals Plants in the Middle East Expand but Face Challenges
- India’s Plastics and Chemicals Sectors Grow/India Is Home to Massive Petrochemical Plants
- New Display Technologies with PLEDs
- Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Invest Heavily in U.S./Take Advantage of Shale Natural Gas
- Chemical Plants Increase Security Measures
- Environmentalists Campaign for a Greener Chemical Industry
- Packaging Technology Improves/Wal-Mart and Coca-Cola Boost Packaging Sustainability
- Bio-plastics Become a Reality/Plastic Packaging Made from Corn and Soy
- Nanochemicals Deliver Advanced Coatings and Specialty Chemicals
- Self-Assembly and Fabrication on the Atomic Level Enable Nanomanipulation
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Manufacturers Focus on High Performance Plastics and Specialty Chemicals
- HPTP Thermoplastics, Thermoset and Engineered Plastics Enable Advanced Products/Nanocomposites Offer the Ultimate in Advanced Materials
- The Future of the Global Chemicals Industry, Driven by Specialty Needs and a Growing
Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry Statistics
- Chemicals, Coatings & Plastics Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Chemicals: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Organic Chemicals: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Inorganic Chemicals: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Plastics & Plastics Products: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Rubber & Rubber Products: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Explosives & Pyrotechnic Products: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Fertilizers: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Pharmaceutical Products: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- Gross Output in the Chemicals, Plastics & Rubber Products Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2011-2017
- Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for Chemical Products Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Monthly, January 1992- May 2019
- Monthly Value of Manufacturers' Shipments & Inventories in the Chemicals, Plastics & Rubber Products Industries, U.S.: March-May 2019
- Chemicals & Plastics Industry Employment, U.S.: 2012- May 2019
- Employment & Wages in Chemicals Industry Occupations, U.S.: May 2018
- Crude Oil Production & Drilling Activity, U.S.: Selected Years, 1990-2018
- Top World Oil Producers: 2018
- Natural Gas Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950- 2018
- Natural Gas Prices Paid, by Sector, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2018
- Refinery Capacity & Utilization in the U.S.: Selected Years, 2010-2017
- Refinery Sales Prices for Selected Petroleum Products, U.S.: Selected Years, 2009-2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M Company
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc
- AkzoNobel NV
- Albemarle Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Ashland Inc
- Ball Corporation
- Bridgestone Bandag LLC
- BASF SE
- Lanxess AG