May 9, 2022
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Almanac, 2022 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Apparel retailing has always been a tough, highly competitive business, and many chains rise dramatically and then fail. The rising success of e-commerce in apparel retailing only makes the tough, highly nature of the business truer. Plunkett Research estimates the global retail clothing and footwear market at $2.2 trillion for 2022. This includes sales by ecommerce and other non-store retailing methods. One of the more interesting recent developments in apparel manufacturing has been a certain amount of reshoring.
Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-618-6 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-922-4 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
Statistical Tables Provided: 9
Companies Profiled: 375
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the apparel, shoes & textiles business including:
- Introduction to the Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry
- Wage Rise Slows in China/Vietnam and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
- Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Jobs as Firms Reshore
- Working Conditions and Workers’ Rights Become Major Considerations as Work Moves from China to Lower-Cost Nations
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Plus-Size Apparel and Vanity Sizing Target Overweight Consumers
- Self Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- Apparel Manufacturing Goes Green
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
- Fashion Rental Pioneered by Online Apparel Firm Rent the Runway
- Subscription Fashion Services, Including Stitch Fix, Target Consumers
- Amazon Becomes One of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and Shoes
- Disruption, Technology and the Future of the Fashion, Apparel and Shoes Business
Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Statistics
- Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Price Index (PPI): 2003-February 2022
- Percent Change in Annual U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Prices: 2007-2021
- Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2020-2021
- Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2020-2021
- Top 25 Countries Exporting Apparel & Non-Apparel Textiles to the U.S.,
All MFA Fibers: 2020-2021
- Top 15 Countries Exporting Fabric, Man-Made Fiber Products, Cotton Products
& Wool Products to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2020-2021
- U.S. Retail Sales, Selected Kinds of Businesses: 2015-2021
- Apparel & Textiles Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2017-2022
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Walmart Inc
- Koch Industries Inc
- Target Corporation
- ITOCHU Corporation
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Seven & I Holdings Co Ltd
- Nike Inc
- TJX Companies Inc (TJ Maxx)
- Zara International Inc
- Inditex (Industria de Diseno Textil SA)