Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Apparel, Shoes, & Textiles Industry Almanac 2021 Edition
Publication Date: May 2021
Buy this Book
Publication Date: May 2021
Buy this Book
Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-567-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-912-5 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 10
Companies Profiled: 346
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the apparel, shoes & textiles business including:
- Introduction to the Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry
- The Coronavirus’s Effects on the Global Apparel Industry
- Wage Rise Slows in China/Vietnam and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
- Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Jobs as Firms Reshore
- Working Conditions and Workers’ Rights Become Major Considerations as Work Moves from China to Lower-Cost Nations
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Plus-Size Apparel and Vanity Sizing Target Overweight Consumers
- Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
- Self Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- Apparel Manufacturing Goes Green
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online
- Fashion Rental Pioneered by Online Apparel Firm Rent the Runway
- Subscription Fashion Services, Including Stitch Fix, Target Consumers
- Amazon Becomes One of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and Shoes
- Disruption, Technology and the Future of the Fashion, Apparel and Shoes Business
Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Statistics
- Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Price Index (PPI): 2003-February 2021
- Percent Change in Annual U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Prices: 2006-2020
- Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2019-2020
- Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2019-2020
- Top 25 Countries Exporting Apparel & Non-Apparel Textiles to the U.S.,
All MFA Fibers: 2019-2020
- Top 15 Countries Exporting Fabric, Man-Made Fiber Products, Cotton Products
& Wool Products to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2019-2020
- U.S. Retail Sales, Selected Kinds of Businesses: 2014-2020
- Worldwide Cotton Area, Yield & Production: 2018-2021
- Apparel & Textiles Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2016-2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M COMPANY
- Cabela's Inc
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- Motorsports Authentics LLC
- Alpha Pro Tech Ltd
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc
- Ann Inc
- Warnaco Swimwear Inc
- Belk Inc
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.