May 13, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
Apparel retailing has always been a tough, highly competitive business, and many chains rise dramatically and then fail. Retail fashion merchandising is a vast challenge (witness the recent ups and downs of retail giant The Gap). Just-in-time inventory, driven by highly computerized supply chain management systems, is now an immense asset to major retailers. Nonetheless, price pressure from major discounters like Wal-Mart, Target and Kohl’s can keep profit margins thin at stores that sell moderately priced apparel. Some of the most successful retail chains are those that focus on niche markets with special tastes and needs.
Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 350 companies in the Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-567-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-912-5 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 10
Companies Profiled: 346
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the apparel, shoes & textiles business including:
- Introduction to the Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry
- The Coronavirus’s Effects on the Global Apparel Industry
- Wage Rise Slows in China/Vietnam and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
- Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Jobs as Firms Reshore
- Working Conditions and Workers’ Rights Become Major Considerations as Work Moves from China to Lower-Cost Nations
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Exercise Apparel Sales Rise/Athleisure Clothing Sales Soar
- Athletic Footwear Sales Boom, Drawing Big Names from Athletes to Designers
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Plus-Size Apparel and Vanity Sizing Target Overweight Consumers
- Luxury Apparel, Accessories and Consumer Products Lines Compete for Growth
- Self Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- Apparel Manufacturing Goes Green
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online
- Fashion Rental Pioneered by Online Apparel Firm Rent the Runway
- Subscription Fashion Services, Including Stitch Fix, Target Consumers
- Amazon Becomes One of the World’s Leading Sellers of Apparel and Shoes
- Disruption, Technology and the Future of the Fashion, Apparel and Shoes Business
Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Statistics
- Apparel, Shoes & Textiles Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Price Index (PPI): 2003-February 2021
- Percent Change in Annual U.S. Apparel Manufacturing Producer Prices: 2006-2020
- Top 50 Countries Exporting Textiles & Apparel to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2019-2020
- Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2019-2020
- Top 25 Countries Exporting Apparel & Non-Apparel Textiles to the U.S.,
All MFA Fibers: 2019-2020
- Top 15 Countries Exporting Fabric, Man-Made Fiber Products, Cotton Products
& Wool Products to the U.S., All MFA Fibers: 2019-2020
- U.S. Retail Sales, Selected Kinds of Businesses: 2014-2020
- Worldwide Cotton Area, Yield & Production: 2018-2021
- Apparel & Textiles Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2016-2021
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M COMPANY
- Cabela’s Inc
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co
- Motorsports Authentics LLC
- Alpha Pro Tech Ltd
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc
- Ann Inc
- Warnaco Swimwear Inc
- Belk Inc