May 10, 2021
HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. announces an important market research and competitive analysis report, Advertising & Branding Industry Almanac, 2021 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The size of the advertising market is difficult to assess, and estimates by analysts vary to some degree. This is partly because the final cost of advertising for any organization includes creative and agency costs; local branding and marketing efforts; public relations; catalogs, brochures and other printed matter; the creation and maintenance of web sites, email campaigns and social media campaigns; and myriad other components, in addition to expenses for media. Numbers that are available for analysis and comparison are generally limited to actual spending on media, such as radio, TV, billboards and paid search or online advertising. Even these numbers are often educated guesses. Estimates of ad spending may include spending at both local and national media outlets, as well as spending on internet media via paid search and online ads.
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 325 companies in the Advertising & Branding Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-566-0 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-911-8 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 10
Companies Profiled: 312
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the advertising & branding business including:
- Introduction to the Advertising and Branding Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Advertising & Branding Industry
- Agencies Face Both Evolving Client Needs and Vast Changes in Media
- Digital & Search Advertising Soar, Has Larger Market Share of U.S. Advertising Than TV
- Programmatic Ad Buying Dominates the Market
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.9 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
- DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
- Embedded Advertising/Product Placement/Branded Entertainment and Marketing Soar
- Social Media Generates Billions of Dollars in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
- Email Reigns as One of the Single Most Effective Advertising Tools
- Newspapers and Magazines Rely on Digital Editions and Apps
- Billboards Go Digital
- Location-Based Services (LBS) Enhance Smartphones and Mobile Advertising
- Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
- LOHAS-Socially Conscious Consumers Create Challenges and Opportunities for Advertisers and Marketers
- Growth in China’s Ad Market
- Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
- Retail Technologies and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders
- Online Marketing, Social Media and Ecommerce Enable Startups/Disruption in Consumer Products and Cosmetics
- Consulting Firms Acquire Digital Advertising Agencies, Extending Their Marketing Services
Advertising & Branding Industry Statistics
- Advertising & Branding Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Advertising Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2013-2020
- Advertising Agencies, Public Relations Agencies & Direct Mail Advertising: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2014-2019
- Employment in Advertising & Related Industries, U.S.: 1990-January 2021
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Belo Corp
- Disney Media Networks
- CBS Radio
- ACME Communications Inc
- Acxiom Corp
- Advance Publications Inc
- Alliance Data Systems Corporation
- Alloy Inc
- Time Warner Inc