HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, Entertainment, Media, Publishing & Broadcasting Industry Almanac, 2018 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
With astonishing speed, the entertainment, media, and publishing industries have digitized, evolving into a highly dynamic industry, interconnected by global digital platforms in a manner that few people could even have conceived of a few decades ago. This has transformed the entertainment industry into an always-on, user-controlled, portable and always-with-you experience. Now, the industry is driven by the needs, habits, and desires of individual consumers; delivering content that is easy to time-shift, accessible as customized digital streams; serving up news, entertainment, movies, ebooks and music on demand. If you don’t know what you want to watch, listen to or read, the best digital platforms push suggestions to you.
Entertainment and media, as a broad sector, are somewhat unique in that revenues are generated by multiple methods. Primarily, these methods are: 1) outright purchase, such as the download of an ebook or the purchase of a magazine or a movie theater ticket; 2) subscription, such as cable TV fees, Netflix fees or subscriptions to magazines or to music on Pandora; and 3) advertising fees.
- Plunkett Research lists top 400 companies in the Entertainment, Media, Publishing & Broadcasting Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-462-5 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-768-8 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 401
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Entertainment, Media, Publishing & Broadcasting business including:
- Introduction to the Entertainment & Media Industry
- TVs are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories Like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face New Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 32 Million Subscribers
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Cable and Satellite TV Struggle with Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
- Global Internet Market Tops 3.8 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Mobile Videos and TV Gain Smartphone Users
- Newspapers and Magazines See Excellent Growth in in Digital Editions and Apps
- Smartphones Compete with PC and Laptop Computer Market
- Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
- Virtual Reality and 3-D Games Open New Opportunities/Immersion Games to Grow
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues to Hit $60 Billion Yearly in 2017
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software
Power Third-Party Developers
Entertainment, Media, Publishing & Broadcasting Industry Statistics
- Entertainment & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2012-2017
- Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2012-2017
- Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2009-2016
- Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2017
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2012-2016
- Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2016
- Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2012-November 2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Belo Corp
- Disney Media Networks
- About Inc
- CBS Radio
- ACME Communications Inc
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Kerzner International Limited
- Advance Publications Inc
- Netflix Inc