HOUSTON, Texas – Plunkett Research, Ltd. recently announced an important market research and competitive analysis report, E-Commerce & Internet Industry Almanac, 2018 edition. A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms.
The global internet audience continues to grow steadily, with the worldwide base of broadband internet users (including fixed and wireless) in excess of 4 billion range as 2018 began. This vast base of high speed internet users encourages businesses to innovate in order to offer an ever-evolving array of online services. Sectors that are growing very rapidly online include the sale of entertainment products, travel, apparel and consumer electronics. Even groceries have moved into the fast lane, as online grocery sales are growing quickly in the U.S. thanks to a growing list of same-day delivery options. The most powerful trends on the internet include access via wireless devices, the migration of entertainment, including TV programming, to the web and cloud-based software-as-a-service.
- Plunkett Research lists top 450 companies in the E-Commerce & Internet Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: 978-1-62831-465-6 ISBN (Available Now)
- E-book: 978-1-62831-770-1 ISBN (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 495
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the e-commerce & internet business including:
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.0 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- HTML5 Makes Web Pages More Interactive, Sets up the Semantic Web 3.0 of the Future
- China Is the World’s Largest Ecommerce Market and Continues to Boom
- Social Media Generates $36 Billion in Global Online and Mobile Ad Revenues
- Digital Advertising Soars, Has Larger Share of U.S. Advertising Market Than TV
- Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) Continue Strong Growth in Bookings/Hotels Fight to Keep Control of the Customer
- Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry, but Digital Sales Slow
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face New Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 32 Million Subscribers
- Cable and Satellite TV Struggle With Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
- Quality of Care and Health Care Outcomes Data Are Available Online, Creating a New Level of Transparency
- Online Banking Grows on Smartphones/The Internet and ATMs Replace Branches and Tellers
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
- Light-Weight Satellites and Project Loon Balloons Studied for Internet Access and Whole-Earth Imaging
- “Sharing Economy” Gains Market Share in Travel with Online Sites Like Airbnb, HomeAway and Many Global Competitors
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
E-Commerce & Internet Industry Statistics
- E-Commerce & Internet Business Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2008-3rd Quarter 2017
- E-Commerce Related Services Quarterly Revenue, U.S.: 2016-2017
- U.S. Retail Trade Sales, Total & E-commerce: 2014-3rd Quarter 2017
- Total & E-commerce Sales for Electronic Shopping & Mail-Order Houses, By Merchandise Line, U.S.: 2014-3rd Quarter 2017
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2012-2017
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Home Broadband Adoption Demographics, U.S.: November 2016
- Smartphone Dependency Demographics, U.S.: 2016
- Internet Users by Demographic Group, U.S.: 2018
- Amazon.com, Inc. Annual Sales & Income: 2011-2017
- eBay Annual Statistics: 2012-2017
- Employment in E-commerce & Internet-related Fields, U.S.: 1998-2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 1-800 Contacts Inc
- 1-800-Flowers.com Inc
- Adobe Systems Inc
- Automatic Data Processing Inc (ADP)
- A B Watley Group Inc
- About Inc
- Acxiom Corp
- AdStar Inc
- ADTRAN Inc