Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Retailing & Chain Stores Industry Almanac 2023 Edition
Publication Date: December 2022
Buy this Book
Publication Date: December 2022
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Retail Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 13
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Retail Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Retail Industry
- Introduction to the Retail Industry
- The Retail Industry in the Post-COVID Era
- Walmart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle Amazon
- Department Stores Grow Online Sales/Modernize Retail Approach
- Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
- Diverse Selling Techniques Boost Direct Marketers and Non-Store Sales
- Apple Sets the Bar for Showcase Stores and Super-Merchandisers
- Bricks, Clicks and Catalogs Create Synergies While Online Sales Growth Surges
- Retail Technologies and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders
- Robotics in Retail
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- Self-Service Apparel Fitting Technologies Grow
- Retailers Look for Long-Term Growth in Emerging Markets, Including China and India
- Mall and Shopping Center Occupancy Fall as Online Sales Hurt Stores
- Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
- Malls Remodel to Boost Sales and Attract Shoppers/Store Visitor Counts Are Disappointing
- Fast Fashion: Designers and Retailers Speed Up
- LOHAS- Socially Conscious Consumers Create Challenges and Opportunities for Advertisers and Marketers
- Plus-Size and Vanity Sizing Target Overweight Consumers
- Demand for Home Grocery Delivery Service Such as Instacart and Amazon Fresh Soars
- Super Beauty Stores Combine Shopping with Personal Care Services
- How to Interpret Reports of Retail Sales
Retail Industry Statistics
- U.S. Retail Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Annual Consumer Price Index, 1950-2022, U.S.
- Exports, General Imports & Trade Balance in Goods, U.S.: 1990-2nd Quarter 2022
- Total U.S. Retail Sales & Annual Percent Change: 1993- August 2022
- U.S. Retail Trade Corporation Statistics, 2nd Quarter 2022
- Total Annual Sales of Merchant Wholesalers, U.S.: 2016-2021
- Retail & Food Services Sales by Kind of Business, U.S.: 2016-2021
- Total U.S. Disposable Income, Expenditures & Gross Domestic & National Product Per Capita: Selected Years, 1960-2022 Q2
- Average Annual Expenditures of All Consumer Households: 2016-2021, U.S.
- Distribution of Total U.S. Annual Household Expenditures, by Major Category: 2021
- Resident Population Estimates by Age, U.S.: 2015-2021
- Employment in the Retail Industry, U.S.: 2015-August 2022
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.