Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: August 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: August 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication lists the top 500 companies in the Manufacturing & Robotics Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-506-6 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-830-2 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 29
Companies Profiled: 501
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the manufacturing & robotics business including:
- Introduction to the Manufacturing, Automation and Robotics Industry
- Industrial Robots and Factory Automation
- Service Robots in a Variety of Industries
- U.S. Automobile Sales Still Strong
- Global Growth in Manufacturing and Trade Requires Investment by Emerging Nations
- Introduction to the Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry
- Pros and Cons of Outsourcing & Offshoring
- Nearshoring and Reshoring Keep Operations Closer to Home
- Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Jobs as Firms Reshore
- Wage Rise Slows in China/Vietnam and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) Adds Value to Contract Electronics Manufacturing
- 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing), Rapid Prototyping and Computer Aided Design
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- Manufacturers Focus on High Performance Plastics and Specialty Chemicals
- Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Invest Heavily in U.S./Take Advantage of Shale Natural Gas
- Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China
- Boeing and Airbus Have Massive Aircraft Backlogs/Major Aircraft Market in China
- U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen,
Toyota and Honda
- India Sees Automobile Export Growth
- Mexico Now a Major Automotive Maker and Exporter
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
Manufacturing & Robotics Industry Statistics
I. Overview of the Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry
- Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Quarterly After-Tax Profits, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations: 2011-1st Quarter 2018
- Selected Financial Data, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations: 1st Quarter 2017-1st Quarter 2018
- Net Sales & Net Income After-Tax, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations: 2007-1st Quarter 2018
- Sales & Operating Profits, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations, by Industry: 1st Quarter 2017-1st Quarter 2018
II. Output & Employment
- Value Added to U.S. Economy by Manufacturing Sector, as a Percentage of GDP: 1948-2017
- All Manufacturing Employees, U.S.: Monthly, January 1939- June 2018
- Employment in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector, as a Percentage of all Private Industry Employment: 1948-2017
- Employment in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector, by Industry: 2012-June 2018
- Manufacturing Output vs. Employment, U.S.: 1980-2018
- Gross Output in the Wood & Nonmetallic Mineral Products Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Primary Metals & Fabricated Metal Products Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Machinery Manufacturing Industry, U.S.: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Computer & Electronic Product Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Food, Beverage & Tobacco Product Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Textile & Apparel Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Gross Output in the Chemicals, Plastics & Rubber Products Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2011-2016
- Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for All Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Monthly, January 1992- May 2018
- Annual Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for Industry Groups, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Monthly Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for Industry Groups, U.S.: 2017-2018
- Value of Exports of All Manufactured Goods, U.S.: 2012-1st Quarter 2018
- Exports of Durable & Nondurable Manufactured Goods, U.S.: 2012-1st Quarter 2018
- Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2012-1st Quarter 2018
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2012-1st Quarter 2018
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Chemicals, U.S.: 2012-2nd Quarter 2018
- Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2016-2017
- Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2012-2nd Quarter 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- 3M Company
- AutoAlliance International Inc
- Molson Coors Brewing Company
- ArthroCare Corporation
- Agfa-Gevaert NV
- Automobili Lamborghini Holding SpA
- Clayton Homes Inc
- Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc
- Benchmark Electronics Inc
- Vericel Corporation
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.