Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry Almanac 2023 Edition
Publication Date: September 2022
Buy this Book
Publication Date: September 2022
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry
- Introduction to the Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry
- Industrial Robots and Factory Automation Advance Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Service Robots Are Applied in a Variety of Industries
- U.S. Automobile Manufacturers Drop Sedans and Deal with Supply Chain Issues/Retool for Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Global Growth in Manufacturing and Trade Require Investment by Emerging Nations
- Introduction to the Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry
- Pros and Cons of Outsourcing & Offshoring
- Nearshoring and Reshoring Keep Operations Closer to Home
- Upswing in the U.S. Apparel and Textile Sector as Firms Reshore
- Scarcity of Manufacturing Workers in China/Vietnam and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
- The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
- 3-D Printing and Robotics Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes and Fabrics
- Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) Adds Value to Contract Electronics Manufacturing
- Trends in Manufacturing, such as Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs), Lead to Collaboration and Consulting-Like Services
- 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing), Rapid Prototyping and Computer Aided Design
- 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
- Manufacturers Focus on High Performance Plastics and Specialty Chemicals
- Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Delay Expansion Projects in U.S.
- Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China/Huawei Faces Controversy
- Boeing and Airbus Compete for New Orders
- U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda
- India Has a Significant Automobile Market, with Great Long-Term Potential
- Mexico Is a Leading Automotive Maker and Exporter
- Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
- The Internet of Things (IoT) in Factories, Robotics and Equipment
- Health Care Robotics
- Robotics in Retail
Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry Statistics
- Overview of the Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry
- Manufacturing, Automation & Robotics Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Sales & Net Income After-Tax, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations: 2011-1st Quarter 2022
- Sales & Operating Profits, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations, by Industry: 1st Quarter 2021-1st Quarter 2022
- Output & Employment
- Value Added to U.S. Economy by Manufacturing Sector, as a Percentage of GDP: 1950-2021
- Employment in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector, as a Percentage of all Private Industry Employment: 1950-2020
- Employment in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector, by Industry: 2016-June 2022
- Manufacturing Output vs. Employment, U.S.: 1985-2022
- Gross Output in the Wood & Nonmetallic Mineral Products Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Primary Metals & Fabricated Metal Products Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Machinery Manufacturing Industry, U.S.: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Computer & Electronic Product Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Food, Beverage & Tobacco Product Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Textile & Apparel Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Gross Output in the Chemicals, Plastics & Rubber Products Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2015-2020
- Annual Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for Industry Groups, U.S.: 2015-2021
- Value of Exports of All Manufactured Goods, U.S.: 2016-2nd Quarter 2022
- Exports of Durable & Nondurable Manufactured Goods, U.S.: 2015-2nd Quarter 2021
- Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2016-2nd Quarter 2022
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2015-2nd Quarter 2021
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Chemicals, U.S.: 2016-2nd Quarter 2022
- Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2020-2021
- Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2016-2nd Quarter 2022
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.