Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Insurance & Risk Management Industry eBook 2021 Edition
Publication Date: November 2023
Buy this Book
Publication Date: November 2023
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Insurance Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 12
Companies Profiled: 350
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Insurance Industry.
Plunkett Research Provides Unique Analysis of the Following Major Trends Affecting the Insurance Industry
- Introduction to the Insurance Industry
- Sophisticated Risk Management and Prevention Programs Lead to Lower Losses
- Risk Managers Seek Certification
- Independent Agencies Continue to Dominate Commercial Insurance, but Play a Lesser Role in Personal Lines
- Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
- Insurance Underwriting Uses Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to Be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Enables Life Insurance Underwriting
- States Pick Up Some Wind and Flood Risk for Homeowners/Underwriters Rely on Sophisticated Risk Analysis Technology to Set Rates
- No End in Sight to the Growth of Specialized Insurance Lines
- Health Sharing Ministries Attract Millions of Members
- Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies
- Major U.S., Japanese and European Insurance Firms See Vast Promise in Chinese, Southeast Asian and Emerging Markets
- Continued Rise in Health Care Costs
- Number of Uninsured Americans Declines But Remains High
- U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
- Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
- Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly Rising Costs of Care
- Malpractice Suits Are Blamed for Rising Health Care Costs/Tort Reform Is Capping Awards for Damages
- Hedge Funds and Private Equity Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
- Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $36.7 Trillion
- Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Lending, Insurance and Robo Advisors
- Drones Save Time and Money in a Variety of Industries Including Insurance, Real Estate and Construction
- Gig Economy and Self-Driving Cars Pose Insurance Challenges and Underwriting Opportunities
- The Future of the Insurance Industry and Risk Management
Plunkett Research Provides In-Depth Tables for the Following Insurance Industry Statistics
- Insurance Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Property-Casualty Insurance Companies: 2020-2nd Quarter 2023
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Life Insurance Companies: 2020-2nd Quarter 2023
- Employers' Costs for Total Compensation and Health Insurance, by Selected Characteristics, U.S.: Selected Years, 2019-2023
- The Nation's Health Dollar: 2023 Where It Came From (Projected)
- The Nation’s Health Dollar: 2023 Where It Went (Estimated)
- Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.: 2007-2022
- Number & Percent of Persons without Health Insurance Coverage, by Age Group, U.S.: 2000-2022
- Medical Care Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2023
- Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2023
- Employment in the Insurance Industry, U.S.: 2017-July 2023