Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Insurance & Risk Management Almanac 2018 Edition
Publication Date: October 2017
Buy this Book
Publication Date: October 2017
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top 350 companies in the Insurance Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-456-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-796-1 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 350
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the insurance business including:
Introduction to the Insurance Industry
- Aging Populations Create Challenges and Opportunities for the Insurance Industry
- Sophisticated Risk Management and Prevention Programs Lead to Lower Losses
- Independent Agencies Continue to Dominate Commercial Insurance, but Play a Lesser Role in Personal Lines/Life Insurance Sales Fall in the U.S.
- Insurance Direct Selling and E-Commerce Grow
- Technology Drives Insurance Efficiencies/Policy Holders Allow Their Habits to Be Tracked for Lower Insurance Rates
- Annuity Account Managers Create New Product Strategies
- Major U.S., Japanese and European Insurance Firms See Vast Promise in the Chinese, Southeast Asian Market and Emerging Markets
- U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
- Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
- Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly Rising Costs of Care
- Hedge Funds Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
- Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $26.6 Trillion
- Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II Takes Effect
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Is Driven by Mobile Payments, Lending, Insurance and Online “Robo Advisors”
- Drones Save Time and Money in Safety Inspections and Insurance Adjusting
Insurance Industry Statistics
- Insurance Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Property-Casualty Insurance Companies: 2013-1st Quarter 2017
- Assets & Liabilities of U.S. Life Insurance Companies: 2013-1st Quarter 2017
- Typical U.S. Automobile Insurance Costs, per Year: 2017
- Employers' Costs for Health Insurance, Amount & Percent of Total Compensation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2010-2016
- The Nation's Health Dollar: 2017 Where It Came From (Estimated)
- Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.: 1999-2015
- Number & Percent of Persons without Health Insurance Coverage, by Age Group, U.S.: 1999-2015
- Affordable Care Act Overview
- Medical Care Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2017
- Retirement Benefits in the U.S.: Access, Participation and Take-Up Rates, March 2017
- Life Expectancy at Age 65, U.S.
- Employment in the Insurance Industry, U.S.: 2011-July 2017
- Employment & Earnings in Insurance Industry Occupations, U.S.: May 2016
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Chubb Limited
- Metropolitan Health Networks Inc
- National Security Group Inc (The)
- Aetna Inc
- AFLAC Inc
- AIG American General
- Alfa Insurance
- Alleghany Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- Hanover Insurance Group Inc (The)
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.