Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Health Care Industry Almanac 2021 Edition
Publication Date: October 2020
Buy this Book
Publication Date: October 2020
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Health Care Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-585-1 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-891-3 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 25
Companies Profiled: 485
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the health care business including:
Major Trends and Technologies Affecting the Health Care Industry
- Introduction to the Health Care Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Health Care Industry
- Continued Rise in Health Care Costs
- Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
- Medicare and Medicaid Spending Continue to Surge/More Baby Boomers Hit 65+ Years of Age
- U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Hospital Mergers Result from the Affordable Care Act/Many Hospital Chains Grow Dramatically in Market Share
- Concierge Care/Direct Primary Care Are on the Rise/New Twists on House Calls
- Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly Rising Costs of Care
- Number of Uninsured Americans Declines But Remains High
- Health Sharing Ministries Attract Millions of Members
- New Blockbuster Drugs Come to Market/Drug Prices Soar
- Fast Track Drugs Come to Market in the U.S. with FDA Cooperation
- Generic Drugs Have Biggest Market Share By Unit Volume, but not by Total Revenue
- Coupons and Other Marketing Schemes Obscure the Retail Prices of Drugs in the U.S., Which Are Vastly Higher than Prices Paid in Other Nations
- Biotech and Orphan Drugs Create New Revenues for Drug Firms
- Quality of Care and Health Care Outcomes Data Are Available Online, Creating a New Level of Transparency
- Malpractice Suits Are Blamed for Rising Health Care Costs/Tort Reform Is Capping Awards for Damages
- Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
- Health Care Goes Offshore, Medical Tourism and Clinical Trials Continue in China, India and Elsewhere
- Retail Clinics, Urgent Care Centers and Employer Sites Increase Health Care Options/Reduce Costs
- Health Care Industry Grows Rapidly in China, India and Mexico
The Outlook for Health Care Technology:
- Health Care Technology Introduction
- RFID Helps Manage Hospital and Pharmacy Inventories
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Records at an Accelerating Pace
- Telemedicine and Remote Patient Monitoring Rely on Wireless
- Stem Cells—Multiple Sources Stem from New Technologies
- Stem Cells—Therapeutic Cloning Techniques Advance
- Stem Cells and 3D Printing—A New Era of Regenerative Medicine Takes Shape
- Health Care Robotics
- Patients’ Genetic Profiles Plummet in Price as DNA Sequencing Technologies Advance
- Advances for Cancer Patients in Chemotherapy and Radiation, Including Proton Beams and IMRT
- Better Imaging, including MRI, PET and 320-Slice CT, Creates Advances in Detection
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
Health Care Industry Statistics
- U.S. Health Care Industry Overview
U.S. Health Care Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
Global Health Statistics, 2014-2020
Domestic & Foreign Pharmaceutical Sales, PhRMA Member Companies: 1980-2019
Employment in the Health Care Industry, U.S.: 2015-June 2020
Employment & Earnings in Health Care Practitioner & Technical Occupations, U.S.: May 2019
Employment & Earnings in Health Care Support Occupations, U.S.: May 2019
The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2019
Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Health and Human Services, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
- U.S. Health Care Expenditures & Costs
The Nation's Health Dollar: 2020 Where It Came From (Estimated)
The Nation's Health Dollar: 2020 Where It Went (Estimated)
National Health Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2012-2028
National Health Expenditures by Type of Expenditure with Affordable Care Act Impacts, U.S.: Selected Calendar Years, 2014-2028
Hospital Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2012-2028
Nursing Home Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2012-2028
Home Health Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2012-2028
Prescription Drug Expenditures, U.S.: 1996-2028
Prescription Drug Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2012-2028
- Medicare & Medicaid
Medicare Enrollment, 1970-2094
Medicaid Enrollment & Expenditures for Medical Assistance Payments & Administration:
Selected Years, 1966-2027
Medicaid Enrollment and Expenditures, by Enrollment Group: Fiscal Year 2017
- U.S. Health Insurance Coverage & The Uninsured
Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.:
Employers' Costs for Health Insurance, Amount & Percent of Total Compensation, U.S.:
Selected Years, 2016-2020
- U.S. Vital Statistics & Population Indicators
Life Expectancy at Age 65, U.S.
Prevalence of Obesity Among Adults, by Age, Sex and Race/Ethnicity: U.S., 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Premier Inc
- 3M Company
- Agfa-Gevaert NV
- Abbott Laboratories
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Abiomed Inc
- Accredo Health Group Inc
- Metropolitan Health Networks Inc
- Diversicare Healthcare Services Inc
- Aetna Inc
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.