Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Health Care Industry Almanac 2023 Edition
Publication Date: October 2022
Buy this Book
Publication Date: October 2022
Buy this Book
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Health Care Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 21
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Health Care Industry.
Major Trends and Technologies Affecting the Health Care Industry
- Introduction to the Health Care Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Health Care Industry
- Continued Rise in Health Care Costs
- Employers Fight Rapidly Growing Health Care Premiums/Require Employees to Pay a Significant Share of Costs
- Medicare and Medicaid Spending Continue to Surge/More Baby Boomers Hit 65+ Years of Age
- U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 Rewrote the Rules and Increased Coverage, But Costs Continue to Rise
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Hospital Mergers Result from the Affordable Care Act/Many Hospital Chains Grow Dramatically in Market Share
- Concierge Care/Direct Primary Care Are on the Rise/New Twists on House Calls
- Insurance Companies Change Strategies Due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Rapidly Rising Costs of Care
- Number of Uninsured Americans Declines But Remains High
- Health Sharing Ministries Attract Millions of Members
- Massive R&D Investment Required for Development and Approval of New Blockbuster Drugs/Drug Prices Soar
- Fast Track Drugs Come to Market in the U.S. with FDA Cooperation
- Generic Drugs Have Biggest Market Share By Unit Volume, but not by Total Revenues
- America Pays Higher Prices for Drugs Than Other Nations/U.S. Government Launches Drug Price Negotiation and Control Powers for Medicare
- Biotech and Orphan Drugs Create New Revenues for Drug Firms
- Quality of Care and Health Care Outcomes Data Are Available Online, Creating a New Level of Transparency
- Malpractice Suits Are Blamed for Rising Health Care Costs/Tort Reform Is Capping Awards for Damages
- Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
- Health Care Goes Offshore, Medical Tourism and Clinical Trials Continue in China, India and Elsewhere
- Retail Clinics, Urgent Care Centers and Employer Sites Increase Health Care Options/Reduce Costs
- Health Care Industry Grows Rapidly in China, India and Mexico
The Outlook for Health Care Technology:
- Health Care Technology Introduction
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Records at an Accelerating Pace
- Telemedicine and Remote Patient Monitoring Rely on Wireless
- Stem Cells and 3D Printing—A New Era of Regenerative Medicine Takes Shape
- Health Care Robotics
- Patients’ Genetic Profiles Plummet in Price as DNA Sequencing Technologies Advance
- Advances for Cancer Patients in Chemotherapy and Radiation, Including Proton Beams and IMRT
- Better Imaging, including MRI, PET and 320-Slice CT, Creates Advances in Detection
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
Health Care Industry Statistics
- U.S. Health Care Industry Overview
U.S. Health Care Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
Global Health Statistics, 2016-2022
Employment in the Health Care Industry, U.S.: 2017-June 2022
Employment & Earnings in Health Care Practitioner & Technical Occupations, U.S.: May 2021
U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2021
The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Health and Human Services, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2020-2022
- U.S. Health Care Expenditures & Costs
The Nation's Health Dollar: 2022 Where It Came From (Projected)
The Nation's Health Dollar: 2022 Where It Went (Estimated)
National Health Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2014-2030
National Health Expenditures by Type of Expenditure with Affordable Care Act Impacts, U.S.: Selected Calendar Years, 2018-2030
Hospital Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2014-2030
Nursing Home Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2014-2030
Home Health Care Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2014-2030
Prescription Drug Expenditures & Annual Percent Change, U.S.: 2014-2030
- Medicare & Medicaid
Medicare Enrollment, 1975-2096
Medicaid Enrollment & Expenditures for Medical Assistance Payments & Administration: Selected Years, 1966-2027
- U.S. Health Insurance Coverage & The Uninsured
Number & Percent of Persons of All Ages with and without Health Insurance Coverage, U.S.: 2001-2020
Employers' Costs for Health Insurance, Amount & Percent of Total Compensation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2018-2022
- U.S. Vital Statistics & Population Indicators
Prevalence of Obesity Among Adults, by Age, Sex and Race/Ethnicity: U.S., 2018
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.