Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Food, Beverage and Grocery Industry Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: March 2019
Buy this Book
Publication Date: March 2019
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Food Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-487-8 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-811-1 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 31
Companies Profiled: 511
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the food business including:
- Introduction to the Food & Beverage Industry
- The State of the Food Industry Today
- Genetically Modified (GM) Seeds and Crops Planted in Dozens of Nations/Agribio R&D Investment Is High
- Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Prompt Controversy, Labeling and Legislation
- Cloning of Farm Animals/Meat and Cheese Substitutes Developed/3-D Printed Food
- Selective Breeding, Mutagenesis and Gene-Editing, including CRISPR, as Alternatives to
- Obesity Sparks Government, School and Corporate Initiatives/Snack Foods Get Healthier/Taxes on Unhealthy Foods
- Organic Food Sales Continue Global Growth/Locally Sourced Foods and Farm to Table Increase in Popularity
- McDonald’s Repositions to Adapt to New Consumer Tastes
- Manhattan’s FreshDirect Sets the Pace in Grocery Sales Over the Internet/Amazon
Competes in Groceries
- Precision Agriculture Technologies (AgTech), Farm Robotics, GPS and Irrigation Market
Grows Worldwide/Hi Tech Greenhouses
- Drones Provide New Tools for Precision Agriculture
- Aquaculture Gains Major Fish Supply Market Share
- Packaging Technology Improves/Wal-Mart and Coca-Cola Boost Packaging Sustainability
- Retail Technologies Advance for Store Checkout and Restaurant Orders/Apps and
Location-Based Ads Drive Sales
- RFID Drives Inventory Management Evolution
- Wal-Mart Still Dominates the Retail Industry, but Invests in Web Presence to Battle
- Private Label Brands Grow in Share of Total Store Sales
- Consumers Drive a Revolution in the Food Industry, Demanding Fresher, More Natural
Foods, Creating both Pain and Opportunities
- Food Waste on the Rise/Recycling Efforts Underway
- Wages for Restaurant, Hotel and Hospitality Workers Rise
- Fast Food Faces Stiff Competition from Casual Dining Restaurants (Fast Casual/Fast Fine)
- Food Trucks Serve Busy Urban Diners, Introduce New Chefs
- Meal Kits from Firms like Blue Apron Make It Easy to Prepare Home-Cooked Meals
Without Shopping at Supermarkets
- The Future of the Food Industry, Agriculture, Food Demand, Supermarkets and Online
Food Industry Statistics
- Global Food Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Food Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Food Sales, U.S.: 2015-July 2018
- Changes in Food Price Indexes, U.S.: 2017-2019
- Gross Output in the Food & Beverage & Tobacco Product Manufacturing Industries, U.S.:
Selected Years, 2011-2017
- Retail Prices for Beef, Pork, Poultry Cuts, Eggs & Dairy Products, U.S.: July 2018-January 2019
- Meat Supply & Use, U.S.: 2017-2028
- Egg Supply & Use, U.S.: 2017-2028
- Poultry & Eggs Production, Use, Prices & Trade, U.S.: 2016-2019
- Dairy Production & Prices, U.S.: 2016 - January 2019
- Horticultural Crops, Baseline Projections, U.S.: 2016-2027
- Fruit Production, Per Capita Consumption, Retail Prices & Grower Returns, U.S.: 2008-2017
- Planted & Harvested Acreage for Major Field Crops, Baseline Projections, U.S.: 2017-2028
- Cost of Production Forecasts for U.S. Corn, Soybean, Wheat & Cotton Crops: 2018-2019
- Cost of Production Forecasts for U.S. Rice, Peanuts, Sorghum, Oats & Barley Crops: 2018-2019
- Global Area of Biotech Crops by Country: 2017
- Income Statement for U.S. Farm Sector: 2014-2018
- Farm Sector Cash Receipts from Sales of Agricultural Commodities, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Farm Sector Production Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Agriculture, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- Direct Government Payments to U.S. Farms: 2012-2018
- Average Farm Operator Household Income & Assets, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Farm Receipts, Expenses & Income, Baseline Projections, U.S.: 2017-2028
- Value Added to the U.S. Economy by the Agricultural Sector via the Production of Goods and Services: 2013-2018
- Summary of U.S. Agricultural Trade Projections: Fiscal Years 2016-2027
- Total U.S. Agricultural Commodity Exports & Imports, Top Ten Countries: 2013-November 2018
- Value of U.S. Agricultural Exports & Imports by Commodity Group: 2013-November 2018
- Food Industry Employment, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Employment and Wage Estimates by Occupation,
U.S.: May 2017
- World Supply & Utilization of Major Crops: 2016-2019
- World Supply & Utilization of Major Animal Products: 2012-2019
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Molson Coors Brewing Company
- Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc
- Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates Ltd
- Marathon Cheese Corporation
- Merisant Company
- Ahold USA Inc
- Agri-Mark Inc
- Newly Weds Foods Inc
- Ajinomoto Co Inc
- Albertsons LLC
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.