Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Broadcasting Industry Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: January 2019
Buy this Book
Publication Date: January 2019
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the Entertainment, Media, Publishing & Broadcasting Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-481-6 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-805-0 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 17
Companies Profiled: 401
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Entertainment, Media, Publishing & Broadcasting business including:
- Introduction to the Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry
- TVs are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories Like Roku and Chromecast Stream Content
- DVR Market Evolves/Time-Shifting Hurts Advertisers
- Apple’s iTunes Set the Standard in the Music Industry, but Digital Sales Slow
- Pandora and Spotify Lead in Streaming Music Via Internet Radio but Face Challenge from Apple Music/SiriusXM Tops 33 Million Subscribers
- New Video Game Console Technologies and Features Boost Sales
- Cable and Satellite TV Struggle with Cord-Cutting/Cheaper Streaming Options Proliferate, Including Netflix
- Telecom Companies, Including AT&T and Verizon, Compete Fiercely Against Cable in the TV, Internet and Telephone Market
- Television Ads Evolve to Face New Challenges, Formats and Online Competitors
- Movie Attendance Rises/Film Companies Innovate with Digital Projection and Enhanced Cinema Experiences
- China and India Expand Film and TV Production Activity
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.2 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed
- Entertainment-Based Retailing, including Power Towns
- Newspapers and Magazines Rely on Digital Editions and Apps
- Virtual Worlds Provide Revenue for Games Publishers
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Global Mobile Apps Revenues Hit $92.1 Billion Yearly
- Embedded LTE Wi-Fi and Onboard Apps Incorporated by Auto Makers in New Car Infotainment Systems
- Global Media Giants Acquire both Content and Distribution
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Overview of the Electronic Games Industry
- The Future of Entertainment, Media and Publishing: Disruption, Portability and Consumer Control
Entertainment, Media, Publishing & Broadcasting Industry Statistics
- Entertainment, Movie, Publishing & Media Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Estimated U.S. Information & Entertainment Sector Revenues by NAICS Code: 2013-2018
- Estimated U.S. Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Services Sector Revenues
by NAICS Code: 2013-2018
- Personal Consumption Expenditures for Recreation, U.S.: Selected Years, 2010-2017
- Newspaper Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Periodical Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Book Publishers: Estimated Sources of Revenue, Inventories & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Motion Picture & Video Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Sound Recording Industries: Estimated Sources of Revenue, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Radio Networks & Radio Stations: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.:
- Television Broadcasting: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Cable & Other Subscription Programming: Estimated Sources of Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2013-2018
- Estimated Export Revenue for Information Sector Firms, U.S.: 2013-2017
- Employment & Earnings in Selected Entertainment & Media Occupations, U.S.: May 2017
- Employment in Selected Information & Entertainment Industries, U.S.: 2013-October 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Belo Corp
- Disney Media Networks
- About Inc
- CBS Radio
- ACME Communications Inc
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Kerzner International Limited
- Advance Publications Inc
- Netflix Inc
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.