Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Energy, Oil & Gas, and Utilities Industry Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: November 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: November 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in the Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas Industry and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-513-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-837-1 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 39
Companies Profiled: 504
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the energy & utilities, oil & gas business including:
- Energy & Utilities Industry Introduction
- A Brief History of Oil, Natural Gas and Electricity Production
- Smart Electric Grid Technologies Are Adopted
- The Energy Industry Invests in Storage Battery Technologies with an Eye on Distributed Power and Renewables
- Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
- Global Shale Oil and Gas Resources Revolutionize the Energy Industry
- Oil from Shale Makes America Rank with Top Oil Producers/E&P Companies Reduce Drilling and Seek Lower Costs
- LNG Projects Boom, Including Floating Plants (FLNG)/America Boosts LNG Exports
- Seismic Mapping Gains from Advanced Technologies
- Offshore Wells Around the World Become More Efficient/Production Increases Significantly
- Energy Demand Climbs in India and China/Nuclear, Hydro and Gas Projects Grow, but Coal Remains Dominant
- Canada’s Oil Sands Production Reaches 4.2 Million Barrels per Day, but Operating Costs Are High
- Some Electric Utilities Regulations Are Rolled Back While Utilities Invest in Gas-Fired Plants
- Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
- U.S. Coal Industry Faces Challenges, while Coal Use Grows Dramatically in India and China
- Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China and the Middle East
- Ethanol Production Soared, but U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Invest Heavily in U.S./Take Advantage of Shale Natural Gas
- Petrochemicals Plants in the Middle East Expand but Face Challenges
- Lower Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy Intensity Reductions
- U.S. Exports Crude Oil to Global Markets in High Volume
Energy & Utilities, Oil & Gas Industry Statistics
I. Overview of the Energy & Utilities Industry
- Global Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview: 2016-2017
- U.S. Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Energy Industry & Utilities Statistics and Market Size Overview: Selected Years, 1990-2017
- U.S. Energy Intensity: 2015-2050
- Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2017
- Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2017
- Total U.S. Energy Consumption: 2016-2050
- Energy Consumption & Expenditures Indicators, U.S.: Selected Years, 1975-2017
- Energy Imports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Energy Exports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Total Energy Imports, Net Energy Imports & Petroleum Imports, U.S.: 1970-2017
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
- U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2017-2019
- Approximate Energy Unit Conversion Factors
- Electricity Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1981-July 2018
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2017
- Net Electrical Power Generation From Renewable Energy Sources, U.S.: 2000-July 2018
- Average Retail Prices of Electricity Sold by U.S. Electric Utilities: Selected Years, 1960-2017
- Estimated Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) for New Electricity Generation by Energy Source
III. Fossil Fuels and Nuclear Energy
- Energy Production by Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Petroleum Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Crude Oil Production & Drilling Activity, U.S.: Selected Years, 1990-2017
- Crude Oil Domestic First Purchase Prices, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2017
- Petroleum Imports by Country of Origin, U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2017
- Refinery Capacity & Utilization in the U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2017
- Petroleum Consumption by the Transportation Sector, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Retail On-Highway Diesel vs. Regular Gasoline Prices, U.S.: January 1995- November 2018
- Top World Oil Reserves by Country: 2017
- Top World Oil Producers: 2017
- Top World Oil Consumers: 2017
- Coal Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Natural Gas Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Natural Gas Prices Paid, by Sector, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2017
- Annual U.S. Shale Gas Production: 2007-2016
IV. Renewable Energy
- Energy Production by Renewable Energy, U.S.: Selected Years, 1955-2017
- Renewable Energy Consumption by Source, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2017
- Renewable Energy Consumption in the Residential, Commercial & Industrial Sectors, U.S.: 2011-2017
- Renewable Energy Consumption in the Transportation & Electric Power Sectors, U.S.: 2011-2017
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Ameren Corporation
- Denbury Resources Inc
- ABB Ltd
- Geokinetics Inc
- Goodrich Petroleum Corporation
- AES Corporation (The)
- Adams Resources & Energy Inc
- Southern Company Gas
- Alliance Resource Partners LP
- Alliant Energy Corporation
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.