Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Computers, Hardware & Software Industry Almanac 2021 Edition
Publication Date: February 2021
Buy this Book
Publication Date: February 2021
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 500 companies in the Computers, Hardware & Software Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-560-8 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-902-6 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 13
Companies Profiled: 468
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Computers, Hardware & Software business including:
- Introduction to the Computers, Hardware & Software Industry
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Computers, Hardware & Software Industry
- Hot Fields Within Computers, Hardware & Software Include Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Supercomputing Hits 442.0 Petaflops/ IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
- Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
- Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
- Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth, Including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Global Internet Market Tops 4.9 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
- Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
- Streaming Apps Take Over TVs
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Data at an Accelerating Pace
- Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
- Computer Chips with 7-Nanometer Density/Advanced Chips Are Required to Power the Future of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
- Voice and Face Recognition Changes the Wireless World, Enhanced Through Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
- Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt Technologies
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M to Boom, Enhanced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
- IT Consulting/Software Consulting/Computer Operations Consulting
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion Games to Grow
- Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
- The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
Computers, Software, Hardware & Technology Industry Statistics
- Computers, Hardware & Software Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Internet Access Technologies Compared
- U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2019-2020
- Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2015-2020
- Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2011-3rd Quarter 2020
- Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2014-3rd Quarter 2020
- Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories & Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2012-October 2020
- Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2014-3rd Quarter 2020
- Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2014-3rd Quarter 2020
- Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2015-2020
- Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2015-October 2020
- InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 2001-October 2020
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Adobe Systems Inc
- Benchmark Electronics Inc
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Gateway Inc
- Omron Adept Technologies Inc
- TeamViewer AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Rocket Software Inc
- Western Digital Corporation
- Sega Sammy Holdings Inc
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.