Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Biotechnology, Pharamceuticals & Genetics Industry Almanac 2020 Edition
Publication Date: August 2019
Buy this Book
Publication Date: August 2019
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research analyzes the top trends changing the industry, and provides in-depth industry statistics. In addition, this publication profiles the top 400 companies in the Biotech, Pharmaceuticals & Genetics Industry.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-542-4 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-849-4 (Available Now)
- Plunkett Research Online (Subscribers)
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 16
Companies Profiled: 356
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the biotech, pharmaceuticals & genetics business including:
- The State of the Biotechnology Industry Today
- A Short History of Biotechnology
- Fast Track Drugs Come to Market in the U.S. with FDA Cooperation
- Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
- Major Drug Companies Acquire or Partner With Smaller Biotech Firms
- From Korea to India to Singapore to China, Nations Compete Fiercely in Biotech Development
- Patients’ Genetic Profiles Plummet in Price as DNA Sequencing Technologies Advance
- Gene Therapies Target Defective Genes/CRISPR Advances DNA Editing
- Vaccines and Viruses in Drug Delivery
- New Blockbuster Drugs Come to Market/ Drug Prices Soar
- Generic Drugs Have Biggest Market Share by Unit Volume, but not by Total Revenues
- Coupons and Other Marketing Schemes Obscure the Retail Prices of Drugs in the U.S., Which Are Vastly Higher than Prices Paid in Other Nations
- Biotech and Orphan Drugs Create New Revenues for Drug Firms
- Biosimilars (Generic Biotech Drugs) Receive FDA Guidelines for Accelerated Approval/ Competition Will Be Fierce
- Stem Cells—Multiple Sources Stem from New Technologies
- Stem Cells—Therapeutic Cloning Techniques Advance
- Stem Cells and 3-D Printing—A New Era of Tissue Replacement Takes Shape
- Genetically Modified (GM) Seeds and Crops Planted in Dozens of Nations/Agribio R&D Investment Is High
- Genetically Modified (GM) Foods Prompt Controversy, Labeling and Legislation
- Cloning of Farm Animals/Meat and Cheese Substitutes Created in Laboratories/3-D Printed Food Appears
- Selective Plant Breeding, Mutagenesis and Gene-Editing, Including CRISPR, as Alternatives to GM Seeds
- Immunotherapy and CAR-T Create Exciting New Approach to Fighting Cancers
- Technology Discussion—Genes and DNA
- Technology Discussion—Proteins and Proteomics
- Technology Discussion—DNA Chips
- Technology Discussion—SNPs (“Snips”)
- Technology Discussion—Synthetic Biology
- Technology Discussion—Recombinant DNA
- Technology Discussion—Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Biotech & Genetics Industry Statistics
- Biotech Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- The U.S. Drug Discovery & Approval Process
- U.S. FDA New Drug (NDA) and Biologic (BLA) Approvals, 2018
- U.S. Pharmaceutical R&D Spending Versus the Number of New Molecular Entity (NME)
- Employment in Life & Physical Science Occupations by Business Type, U.S.: May 2018
- Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Basic Research, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2018-2020
- U.S. Exports & Imports of Pharmaceutical Products: 2013-1st Quarter 2019
- U.S. Prescription Drug Expenditures, Aggregate & Per Capita Amounts, Percent Distribution: 2011-2027
- Prescription Drug Expenditures, U.S.: Selected Years, 1975-2027
- Total U.S. Biotechnology Patents Granted per Year by Patent Class: 1977-2015
- Research Funding for Biological Sciences, U.S. National Science Foundation: Fiscal Years
- Global Area of Biotech Crops by Country: 2017
- Domestic & Foreign Pharmaceutical Sales, PhRMA Member Companies: 1985-2018
- Sales By Geographic Area, PhRMA Member Companies: 2017
- Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad, PhRMA Member Companies: 1985-2018
- Domestic U.S. Biopharmaceutical R&D & R&D Abroad Breakdown, PhRMA Member Companies: 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Vericel Corporation
- Abaxis Inc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abeona Therapeutics Inc
- Insmed Inc
- Affymetrix Inc
- Agilent Technologies Inc
- Akorn Inc
- Albany Molecular Research Inc
- Alcon Inc
*Note: This sample is a previous year’s edition for a different industry. All of our Industry Almanacs are similar in nature and follow the same format.
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.