Plunkett’s Industry Almanacs in Printed and eBook Formats
Banking, Mortgages & Lending Industry Almanac 2019 Edition
Publication Date: November 2018
Buy this Book
Publication Date: November 2018
Buy this Book
- Plunkett Research lists top 450 companies in the Banking, Mortgages & Credit business and names the top trends changing for the mid term.
- Printed Almanac: ISBN 978-1-62831-512-7 (Available Now)
- E-book: ISBN 978-1-62831-835-7 (Available Now)
- Online Subscription
Key Features Include:
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 23
Companies Profiled: 473
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich book covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the banking, mortgages & credit business including:
- Introduction to the Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry
- Consumers Slowly Increase Borrowing
- Aging Populations, Baby Boomers Create Opportunities/U.S. Pension Accounts Top $28.3 Trillion
- Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and Volcker Act Increase Regulation/European Solvency II and MiFID 2 Take Effect
- Investment Firms and Banks Compete for Clients in High Net Worth Households
- Banks and Mobile Apps Vie for Previously Underserved Markets, Including Hispanics
- Wal-Mart Offers Checking and Debit Service in the U.S./Banco de Wal-Mart in Mexico
- China Sees Growth in Online Payments, Banking and Lending/Alipay Soars
- India’s Foreign Banking Presence Shrinks/Microloans Continue
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Derivatives Soar into the Trillions of Dollars
- Shadow Banking Soars with Non-Bank Alternatives, Online or Peer-to-Peer Lending and Crowdfunding
- Online Banking Grows on Smartphones/The Internet and ATMs Replace Tellers and
- Visa and MasterCard Enjoy Global Growth
- Credit Card Technologies Advance with Embedded Chips (EMV) for Better Security
- Smartphones and Financial Technology (FinTech) Enable New Mobile Payment Methods
- In Emerging Nations, mChek and M-PESA Enable Remote Banking via Cellphone
- Smaller Down Payments/Easier Loan Qualifications Change Mortgage Market
- Online Competition Changes the Mortgage Industry
- Hedge Funds Play a Major Role in Financial Products Including Derivatives, Lending and Insurance
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Enables Online Lending, Insurance and Online “Robo Advisors”
- Digital Currency, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies Advance
- The Future of Banking, Credit Cards, Mobile Payments and Mortgages
Banking Industry Statistics
- U.S. Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Global Banking, Mortgages & Credit Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- Top 50 U.S. Bank Holding Companies: June 30, 2018
- FDIC Insured Institution Statistics: 2nd Quarter 2018
- Number of Failed U.S. Bank Institutions, 1980-2018
- Deposit Insurance Fund Balance and Insured Deposits: 2010-2018
- Assets & Liabilities of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks, Grouped by Asset Size: June 2018
- Top Ten Federally-Chartered & State-Chartered Banks by Assets: June 2018
- Deposits, Income & Expenses of FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks: 2013-June 2018
- Assets & Liabilities of Foreign Banking Offices in the U.S.: 2015-2nd Quarter 2018
- Prime Interest Rate, U.S.: 1955-October 2018
- Bond Yields & Interest Rates, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
- Employment in the Banking Industry, U.S.: 2012-August 2018
- Homeownership Rates by Race & Ethnicity of Householder, U.S.: 1998-2017
- Homeownership Rates by Region, U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2017
- New Privately-Owned Housing Units Started, U.S.: 1977-2017
- Mortgage Loans Outstanding, U.S.: 1978-2nd Quarter 2018
- Home Mortgages by Holder, U.S.: 2015-2nd Quarter 2018
- Assets & Liabilities, U.S. Agency- & Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE)-Backed Securities by Holder: 2015-2nd Quarter 2018
- Consumer Credit Outstanding, U.S.: 1971-August 2018
- Consumer Credit Outstanding by Major Holders, U.S.: 2013-2nd Quarter 2018
- Terms of Credit at Commercial Banks, U.S.: 2013-2nd Quarter 2018
- Loan Performance, FDIC-Insured Institutions: June 2018
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Ace Cash Express Inc
- Alliance Data Systems Corporation
- Toyota Motor Credit Corp
- American Express Co
- General Motors Financial Company Inc
- Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc
- Annaly Capital Management Inc
- Associated Banc-Corp
- Astoria Financial Corporation
- TD Bank NA
A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE USED OUR RESEARCH PRODUCTS:
Your tool is very comprehensive and immensely useful. The vertical marketing tool is very helpful, for it assists us in that venue, as well as targeting customers’ competition for new sales…The comprehensive material is absolutely fabulous. I am very impressed, I have to say!
We are especially trying to push Plunkett since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.
I’m amazed at how much information is available and the various ways to access it. This will be a major resource for our serious job seekers.
I really appreciate the depth you were able to get to so quickly (for our project). The team has looked through the material and are very happy with the data you pulled together.
Plunkett Research Online is an excellent resource…the database contains a wealth of useful data on sectors and companies, which is easy to search and well presented. Help and advice on how to conduct, export and save searches is available at all stages.
The more I get into the database, the happier I am that we’ll have it–REALLY happy!!! Between the quality and affordability of your product, its appeal to and value for our users, and the inestimably ethical and loyalty-guaranteeing conduct of your business, I will always have more than sufficient praises to sing for Plunkett Research.
Plunkett Research Online provides a great ‘one stop shop’ for us to quickly come up to speed on major industries. It provides us with an overall analysis of the market, key statistics, and overviews of the major players in the industry in an online service that is fast, easy to navigate, and reliable.
We are especially trying to push Plunkett’s since all of our students have to do so much industry research and your interface is so easy to use.