December 08, 2022
Plunkett Research, Ltd., a Houston-based market research firm, has published a complete, new report on the Energy & Utilities Industry. (Plunkett’s Energy & Utilities Industry Almanac 2023, https://www.plunkettresearch.com/printed-book-ebook-plunkett-industry-almanac/?Industry=energy-utilities-market-research/). It contains hundreds of pages of vital insights, including forecasts, market sizing, technologies analysis, trends analysis and statistical tables, as well as data on top global companies.
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms within the Energy & Utilities Industry. Gain vital insights that can help shape strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- Business trends analysis
- In-depth industry overview
- Technology trends analysis
- Spending, investment, and consumption discussions
- In-depth industry statistics and metrics
- Industry employment numbers
Additional Key Features Include:
Industry Contacts list, including Professional Societies and Industry Associations
Profiles of industry-leading companies
- U.S. and Global Firms
- Publicly held, Private and Subsidiaries
- Executive Contacts
- For Public Companies: Detailed Financial Summaries
Statistical Tables Provided: 21
Companies Profiled: 500
Geographic Focus: Global
Key Questions Answered Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
This feature-rich report covers competitive intelligence, market research and business analysis—everything you need to know about the Energy & Utilities Industry.
Major Trends Affecting the Energy & Utilities Industry
- Energy & Utilities Industry Introduction
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on the Energy & Utilities Industry
- A Brief History of Oil, Natural Gas and Electricity Production
- Smart Electric Grid Technologies Are Adopted
- The Energy Industry Invests in Storage Battery Technologies with an Eye on Distributed Power and Renewables
- Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
- Global Shale Oil and Gas Resources Revolutionize the Energy Industry
- Oil from Shale Makes America Rank with Top Oil Producers/E&P Companies Reduce Drilling and Seek Lower Costs
- LNG Projects Boom, Including Floating Plants (FLNG)/European Demand for LNG Soars
- Seismic Mapping Gains from Advanced Technologies
- Offshore Wells Around the World Become More Efficient/Production Increases Significantly
- Energy Demand Climbs in India and China/Nuclear, Hydro and Gas Projects Grow, but Coal Remains Dominant
- Canada’s Oil Sands Production Reaches 3.6 Million Barrels per Day, but Operating Costs Are High
- Utilities Invest in Gas-Fired Plants
- Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
- U.S. Coal Industry Faces Challenges, while Coal Use Grows Dramatically in India and China
- Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China and the Middle East
- Ethanol Production Soared, but U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
- Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Delay Expansion Projects in U.S.
- Petrochemicals Plants in the Middle East Expand but Face Challenges
- Lower Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy Intensity Reductions
- U.S. Exports Crude Oil to Global Markets in High Volume
- The War in Ukraine Boosts LNG Demand/Alters Energy Landscape
Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics
- Overview of the Energy & Utilities Industry
- Global Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview: 2020-2021
- U.S. Energy & Utilities Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
- U.S. Energy & Utilities Statistics: Selected Years, 1990-2021
- Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2021
- Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2021
- Energy Consumption & Expenditures Indicators, U.S.: Selected Years, 1975-2021
- Energy Imports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2021
- Energy Exports, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2021
- U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2021-2023
- Approximate Energy Unit Conversion Factors
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1990-July 2022
- Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2021
- Estimated Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) for New Electricity Generation by Energy Source
- Fossil Fuels and Nuclear Energy
- Energy Production by Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2021
- Petroleum Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2021
- Crude Oil Domestic First Purchase Prices, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2021
- Petroleum Imports by Country of Origin, U.S.: Selected Years, 1980-2021
- Refinery Capacity & Utilization in the U.S.: Selected Years, 2000-2021
- Top World Oil Producers: 2021
- Coal Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2021
- Natural Gas Overview, U.S.: Selected Years, 1970-2021